Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Middle name, poll
1  2  Next

Which middle name
Margalit Rose  
 72%  [ 86 ]
Margalit Simha  
 19%  [ 23 ]
Margalit Mazal  
 7%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 118

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Jul 25 2017, 2:48 pm
We are trying to settle on one of 3 middle names for Margalit. Any ideas?

Or any other ideas?

water_bear88

Post Tue, Jul 25 2017, 2:50 pm
I like the first option the best. Any particular reason you would go for one of those, if you're looking for other similar suggestions?

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Jul 25 2017, 2:59 pm
water_bear88 wrote:
I like the first option the best. Any particular reason you would go for one of those, if you're looking for other similar suggestions?

IDK. They are all names of people in my family. But none of them jump at me.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Jul 25 2017, 3:02 pm
I like Simha Margalit.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Jul 25 2017, 3:38 pm
Please don't decide your child's name by anonymous poll on a website. I mean- of course you CAN, but please just think about the implications for doing this . Remember YOU have ruach hakodesh and WILL PICK THE RIGHT NAME regardless of the method you use.

ETA I k now this sort of question cones up here a lot, and I don't have ant problem with people discussing names online and getting feedback and comments and so on, but the idea that you would simply PICK THE NAME WITH THE MOST VOTES really really irked me. Sorry.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Jul 25 2017, 3:40 pm
I almost never comment on these things because if I say how much I dislike the name Utnapishtim, all the people who named their kids Utnapishtim will be angry. But I LOVE Margalit Rose. It flows nicely. Its just plain beautiful. And no, none of my kids are named that.

SpottedBanana

Post Tue, Jul 25 2017, 6:43 pm
Are you planning on using the middle name in everyday life? As gorgeous as Margalit Rose is, it seems odd to me to mix Hebrew and English in a name.

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Jul 25 2017, 7:47 pm
SpottedBanana wrote:
Are you planning on using the middle name in everyday life? As gorgeous as Margalit Rose is, it seems odd to me to mix Hebrew and English in a name.

Any odder than mixing Hebrew and Yiddish?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Jul 26 2017, 6:56 am
amother wrote:
Please don't decide your child's name by anonymous poll on a website. I mean- of course you CAN, but please just think about the implications for doing this . Remember YOU have ruach hakodesh and WILL PICK THE RIGHT NAME regardless of the method you use.

ETA I k now this sort of question cones up here a lot, and I don't have ant problem with people discussing names online and getting feedback and comments and so on, but the idea that you would simply PICK THE NAME WITH THE MOST VOTES really really irked me. Sorry.

What if her ruach hakodesh inspired her to make a poll?

finallyamommy

Post Wed, Jul 26 2017, 7:39 am
None of them are my style, but I think they're all beautiful. I would say I like Margalit Rose the best.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Jul 26 2017, 8:36 am
amother wrote:
What if her ruach hakodesh inspired her to make a poll?

Yeah ok fair point. I guess I am from a different generation.

Post Wed, Jul 26 2017, 10:04 am
I love Rose as a middle name. It is currently trendiest middle name if you care about these things. My close friend has Rose as a middle name, and I tease her when one shows up.

http://www.sheknows.com/parent.....picks

SpottedBanana

Post Wed, Jul 26 2017, 10:20 am
amother wrote:
Any odder than mixing Hebrew and Yiddish?

Yes (why on earth are you amother though?) because Hebrew and Yiddish names are both distinctly Jewish. I'm sure I would say the same about Ladino or Judeo-Arabic names if I had the ability to tell the difference between them and plain Spanish/Arabic. Come to think of it, I think there is a Ladino name that means "rose" - Rosa maybe? It doesn't seem like OP would like the name Raizel Smile

cm

Post Wed, Jul 26 2017, 10:44 am
amother wrote:

She never said that this is how she is deciding on a name. Please chill.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Jul 26 2017, 11:07 am
Thank you for all the input. I was thinking about Margalit Rosa, actually, but I was worried it doesn't really flow so well. The name that we really picked is Margalit and I am more looking for a middle name that gives it a nice flow.

I don't want to do Simha as a first name because the relative who is Simha is someone we see every day and I thought that would be too confusing. Although Simha Margalit does sound beautiful.

I am worried that Margalit Mazal is too many mems.

The plus with doing Simha or Mazal is maybe the baby will have more joy or more luck. But Margalit Rose feels like it goes together. So not sure if I should just go with the pretty name Smile Also I thought that maybe with Rose if the baby needs an American name she can just use her middle name.

water_bear88

Post Wed, Jul 26 2017, 11:16 am
Your analysis sounds pretty solid to me, and I think it's ok to get a feel for what names you like before the baby comes so long as you're prepared to meet the little person and decide that really, a different name would suit them better.

cm

Post Wed, Jul 26 2017, 11:33 am
amother wrote:
Also I thought that maybe with Rose if the baby needs an American name she can just use her middle name.

Or Pearl, or Margo.

tigerwife

Post Wed, Jul 26 2017, 12:07 pm
The single syllable of "Rose" rolls nicely after the three in "Margalit". A two syllable name middle name is a bit much JMHO.

imaima

Post Wed, Jul 26 2017, 3:56 pm
Margalit Pearl sounds better to me

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 6:24 pm
amother wrote:

I don't want to do Simha as a first name because the relative who is Simha is someone we see every day and I thought that would be too confusing. Although Simha Margalit does sound beautiful.

Three of my four go by their middle names. One is a double M sound.

Just saying. It's all what makes you happy.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names