Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Multiple families one gift - multiple thank-you cards?

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Jul 25 2017, 9:25 pm
If a couple and their two married daughters/families sent me a candy platter for a simcha, can I send the mom a thank you card for all of them (she pretty much supports the daughters) or do I need to send 3 separate thank you cards?

The mom is friends with my mom...the daughters are not really friends with me.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jul 25 2017, 9:29 pm
I don't know about this specific candy situation but in general yes separate thank you cards for the collective gift.

Post Wed, Jul 26 2017, 12:39 am
I was in a similar situation. My dh is close to a couple and got to know their children (children are all married) but he's not extremely close to any of their children and when I got engaged all the couples together bought me a gift. I sent them all separate cards..
From the other side my mother and I sent s/t to s/o for a Simcha and my mother got a card and I didn't- it bothered me a little because it made me feel as if the recipient thinks my mother paid for it and my name was just there for the sake of being there but I didn't chip in for it. Even if my mother would have paid for it alone I think it's only normal that I get a card.. it's none of her business who paid for it.. if the name is there the person deserves a card

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Jul 26 2017, 1:20 am
Everyone gets a card

Last edited by amother on Mon, Feb 12 2018, 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total

SingALong

Post Wed, Jul 26 2017, 6:25 am
Can you write 1 big thank you card and address it by name to everyone who signed gift card but just mail that 1 card to the mother? That way you acknowledge they were part of the gift but you only do it 1 time.

Kiwi13

Post Wed, Jul 26 2017, 7:41 am
I vote for separate cards.

farm

Post Wed, Jul 26 2017, 7:47 am
I gave more than I would have normally to chip in for a big baby gift for a cousin. She sent a thank you to my mother and not to any of us siblings who all paid our shares... I didn't get her a gift by her next baby.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette