Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Cost of gutting a house, lakewood
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Jul 27 2017, 5:32 pm
amother wrote:
Maybe the price she gave included appliances?

Not everyone gets 2 dishwashers, two ovens and all matching high end appliances. There's absolutely no reason that appliances have to add up anywhere near to 10 - 15k.

Chayallah said stainless steel appliances, and a kosher kitchen almost always has 2 sinks and 2 ovens and at least 1 dishwasher. So I'm skeptical of 15k total to put in a kosher kitchen.

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Jul 27 2017, 5:36 pm
amother wrote:
Chayallah said stainless steel appliances, and a kosher kitchen almost always has 2 sinks and 2 ovens and at least 1 dishwasher. So I'm skeptical of 15k total to put in a kosher kitchen.

My post wasn't in response to comments about that kitchen, was about a different poster who said they spent 20 25k.

Whatever...

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Jul 27 2017, 6:37 pm
My extremely cheap kitchen was
6000 for cabinets
2200 for counter and 2 sinks (splurged on granite)
200 backsplash
3500 for stainless steel appliances (fridge, dishwasher, two ovens)
2000 for floors
total material costs: 14k

contractor charged for kitchen plus TONS of other work in the house so don't know how much was just for kitchen but we paid 13k

obviously a larger kitchen will cost more.

we could have spent 1100 less by doing formica counters and backsplash. and we had option for cabinets which were 1000 less but we liked this color better. if someone puts in only one oven, 500 less. It's totally possible to do a kosher kitchen for about 15k.

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Jul 27 2017, 6:44 pm
amother wrote:
My extremely cheap kitchen was
6000 for cabinets
2200 for counter and 2 sinks (splurged on granite)
200 backsplash
3500 for stainless steel appliances (fridge, dishwasher, two ovens)
2000 for floors
total material costs: 14k

contractor charged for kitchen plus TONS of other work in the house so don't know how much was just for kitchen but we paid 13k

obviously a larger kitchen will cost more.

we could have spent 1100 less by doing formica counters and backsplash. and we had option for cabinets which were 1000 less but we liked this color better. if someone puts in only one oven, 500 less. It's totally possible to do a kosher kitchen for about 15k.

Where are the demo clean up and installation costs?

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Jul 27 2017, 9:37 pm
My kitchen cost $21000 for demo and up grade plumbing and electric that was 80 years old. Doors and windows were included. Kitchen was approximately 12 × 17 with cabinets on 3 walls.

Appliances $4500
Floor $1600
Backslash $500
Granite $2500
Lighting $500
Sink fixtures approx $1500 this included house filters under sinks
Cabinets $16000.

All in all it was about $45000
Even if I would have bought ikea cabinets it would have been close to that after paying for assembly. Chinese cabinets would have been about $5000 less.

I think your realtor is severely under estimating. I don't know the size of the house but you need to be aware it may cost $300000 to renovate and get rid of all the problems. It may be cheaper just to gut.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Jul 27 2017, 10:16 pm
amother wrote:
Where are the demo clean up and installation costs?
included in the 13k we paid for contractor

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Jul 27 2017, 11:22 pm
amother wrote:
included in the 13k we paid for contractor

So kitchen was closer to 20k maybe if you include those contractor costs in? What other work did you do? My contractor was also our kitchen guy so prices were all inclusive.

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, Jul 28 2017, 11:49 am
amother wrote:
So kitchen was closer to 20k maybe if you include those contractor costs in? What other work did you do? My contractor was also our kitchen guy so prices were all inclusive.

13k was for a ton of work! We got a great deal so it's hard to say how much went for the kitchen. he did for us a whole new bathroom including moving plumbing for toilet, bath and sink. Changed all the electric outlets in the whole house. built a new wall. Changed radiators to convectors. Painted whole house.

amother
Denim

Post Fri, Jul 28 2017, 4:06 pm
amother wrote:
Maybe the price she gave included appliances?

Not everyone gets 2 dishwashers, two ovens and all matching high end appliances. There's absolutely no reason that appliances have to add up anywhere near to 10 - 15k.

Was about 20-25k total including installation Cheap cabinets,granite countertops, appliances included one oven one dishwasher refrigerator and convection oven. They were not fancy but standard - ge Frigidaire bosch

amother
Bisque

Post Fri, Jul 28 2017, 4:30 pm
Please let me know where you are getting appliances so cheap. I'm looking to redo a kitchen and the appliances are coming out to 15k
Refrigerator
Freezer
2 ovens
1 dishwasher
1 warming drawer
2 cooktops
2 Food disposal in sinks
1 hot water dispenser
1Washer and 1 Dryer

L K

Post Fri, Jul 28 2017, 5:25 pm
amother wrote:
Please let me know where you are getting appliances so cheap. I'm looking to redo a kitchen and the appliances are coming out to 15k
Refrigerator
Freezer
2 ovens
1 dishwasher
1 warming drawer
2 cooktops
2 Food disposal in sinks
1 hot water dispenser
1Washer and 1 Dryer

Call or email town appliance in Lakewood.

amother
Burgundy

Post Fri, Jul 28 2017, 6:40 pm
amother wrote:
Refrigerator
Freezer
2 ovens
1 dishwasher
1 warming drawer
2 cooktops
2 Food disposal in sinks
1 hot water dispenser
1Washer and 1 Dryer

We bought a Frigidaire bundle of stainless steel appliances at S&W (custom bundle based on our needs). We've bought at Town Appliance in the past as well. If you must have higher end appliances then yes it will cost more.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics