Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Dd touching me...

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Jul 27 2017, 7:54 pm
Dd age 6 has been very touchy lately. I'm fine if she just hold my hand or snuggles against me. But lately, especially when she's demanding attention, she'll place her hands on my breasts. I usually just remove them and firmly say we aren't allowed to touch mommy there, that's a private spot. But she doesn't listen and a few minutes later will do it again. She can do it randomly too, even while I'm paying attention and talking to her. This has been going on for a few weeks. I really don't like hitting my kids but it's the only thing I feel like doing the next time she does it. Sad Sad any ideas how I can nip this behavior in the bid without a slap?

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Jul 27 2017, 8:05 pm
Just take her hands off gently and keep them in your own hands. Hitting her..? That's a little dramatic for a behavior that she doesn't understand.

amother
Black

Post Thu, Jul 27 2017, 8:48 pm
Redirect her hand to your arm or hand.
She wants to touch you, show her where she can.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Jul 27 2017, 10:05 pm
Totally normal for kids to touch there. Its called mommy pillows LOL my kids lay their heads on my "mommy pillows" when snuggling with me. Very Happy
Just redirect and don't think of it so badly. Its ok.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers