Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Dermatologist in tri state who treats Molescum

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Jul 27 2017, 10:12 pm
I'm looking for a dermatologist in the tri-state area who treats molescum with "Cantharidin, also referred to as “beetle juice”.
Any leads?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Jul 27 2017, 11:52 pm
No leads as I live out of town but I just wanted to let you know that I went through this treatment with two of my DC and it was amazing! One child only needed 2 treatments and I think the other needed 4. The blisters were uncomfortable so make sure to give tylenol and warm baths and it should help a ton. I let them stay home from school the day after their first treatments but after that they did fine! I would go through it again for any other child of mine that would need it, totally worth the cost.

I assume it's a standard procedure.

solo

Post Fri, Jul 28 2017, 5:17 am
If your treating moluscum in a way that might be painful why not just have them removed altogether. It hurts but only for the minute it's being removed. And then it's done

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Fri, Jul 28 2017, 10:27 am
solo wrote:
If your treating moluscum in a way that might be painful why not just have them removed altogether. It hurts but only for the minute it's being removed. And then it's done

The "beetlejuice" method is much better than trying to cut them off. You can do it on all of them at once and it's only the blisters that are painful, but not for long. Also my dermatologist said that this treatment helps the immune system kick in and be proactive about attacking future and current molluscum. Also I think cutting them off leads to scarring.

Additionally, for children the blister treatment is better because the actual application doesn't hurt, it's the blister that comes later. Having your child sit through the removal of 60 (how many my son had treated at his first visit) would be torturous.

OP- I hope you find a great dermatologist!

country

Post Sat, Jul 29 2017, 11:20 pm
If it doesn't bother your kid just leave it alone. Its a virus which resolves itself in 1-2 years if you don't do anything

lora

Post Sun, Jul 30 2017, 12:01 am
theres a dr. in williamsburg brooklyn that sort of "freezes" it I think its called and it helps, not sure what her name is but shes by "kindercare pediatric" I can get you the number if you like, PM me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics