Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Peanut Butter Cookies from Mishpacha Mag. p44 11Tamuz 5777

GramaNewYork

Post Fri, Jul 28 2017, 5:13 am
This peanut butter recipe attracted me because I've been looking for a cookie recipe with less than a cup of oil. This has only a half cup and I used slightly less than that.

I found it a bit annoying that the recipe doesn't tell you things like what size balls you should roll or that you need to let the cookies cool in the pan for a few minutes before putting them on a rack or how many cookies the recipe makes. I thought it might help to let you know my results.

I rolled the balls approximately 1/2 Tablespoon and it came to exactly 24 cookies.

I substituted almond butter because my DH doesn't like PB. Since I was already using almond butter, I also substituted almond milk instead of soy milk and almond extract instead of vanilla.

I used spelt flour and I cut down slightly on the amount of sugar.

I took the cookies out of the oven after 8 minutes as written and sprinkled them with chopped almonds and chopped chocolate and pressed ever so slightly with a spoon because many bits fell off. I then put the cookies back in the oven for another 3 minutes as written. I wonder if it's ok to put the chocolate in the dough instead of on top. If it's just for looks, I don't think it's worth it.

The cookies are very fragile when warm and need to be cooled completely before moving them from the rack. Maybe if you're using white flour the cookies would be less fragile when warm. I only use spelt so I can't compare.

In case you were wondering about this recipe, I hope it helps : ) I found them to be delicious (aren't there any eating-cookie icons? ; )

Post Fri, Jul 28 2017, 8:39 am
GramaNewYork wrote:
This peanut butter recipe attracted me because I've been looking for a cookie recipe with less than a cup of oil. This has only a half cup and I used slightly less than that.

I found it a bit annoying that the recipe doesn't tell you things like what size balls you should roll or that you need to let the cookies cool in the pan for a few minutes before putting them on a rack or how many cookies the recipe makes. I thought it might help to let you know my results.

I rolled the balls approximately 1/2 Tablespoon and it came to exactly 24 cookies.

I substituted almond butter because my DH doesn't like PB. Since I was already using almond butter, I also substituted almond milk instead of soy milk and almond extract instead of vanilla.

I used spelt flour and I cut down slightly on the amount of sugar.

I took the cookies out of the oven after 8 minutes as written and sprinkled them with chopped almonds and chopped chocolate and pressed ever so slightly with a spoon because many bits fell off. I then put the cookies back in the oven for another 3 minutes as written. I wonder if it's ok to put the chocolate in the dough instead of on top. If it's just for looks, I don't think it's worth it.

The cookies are very fragile when warm and need to be cooled completely before moving them from the rack. Maybe if you're using white flour the cookies would be less fragile when warm. I only use spelt so I can't compare.

In case you were wondering about this recipe, I hope it helps : ) I found them to be delicious (aren't there any eating-cookie icons? ; )

Please print the recipe.

GramaNewYork

Post Fri, Jul 28 2017, 8:47 am
Peanut Butter Cookies

1/4 cup margarine or oil
1/2 cup PB
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
1 egg
2 Tbsp soy milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cups flour

Mix ingredients together. Roll into balls and lay on parchment paper. Bake for 8 minutes at 350F (180C). Place a chocolate chip or a piece of milchig chocolate in the cetner of each cookie and bake for another 3 minutes.

(If you don't have the time to babysit the cookies, you can bake them for 11 minutes and then place the chocolate chip on top immediately after taking the cookies out of the oven for the same result).

--Hadassah Weinberg, production

Post Fri, Jul 28 2017, 8:49 am
Thank you
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins