Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Am I the only one
1  2  3  4  Next

WhatFor

Post Fri, Jul 28 2017, 6:45 pm
Am I the only one who thinks what's going on with this current administration is insane? Priebus was most recently fired presumably because he can't get along with the president's new communications director whose wife just filed to divorce him after he called the New Yorker to say he's not like the president's chief strategist because he doesn't try to suck his own c***.

The same communications director also tweeted that he was going to have the FBI investigate Priebus after his financial records were publicly leaked but then he deleted that tweet when he realized those records were public information.

Or maybe Priebus was fired because he failed to get enough votes in the Senate for a healthcare bill that was only released to the voters a few hours before the vote; which allowed for no actual debate; no input from the American medical association, hospitals; doctors; the people; a bill which would have knocked 16 million people off insurance and raised everyone's premiums by 20%; a bill which some Senators only agreed to vote for if the leaders promised that it wouldn't actually go into effect (I know, what?).

The president cannot keep staff around him long enough to get anything done (which, considering what he wants done, may be a blessing.) The president actually told a group of police today that they should be more rough when arresting suspects (because apparently police should now serve as jury and executioner as well), prompting the Suffolk County Police department to tweet that they have rules and procedures and will not tolerate roughing up of prisoners....

What is going on??

allthingsblue

Post Sat, Jul 29 2017, 11:00 pm
I'm with you. Speechless. This is going from bad to worse. We have a bunch of egomaniacs in the White House. This is frightening.
Trumpians, what do you have to say for yourselves now?

overthehill

Post Sat, Jul 29 2017, 11:14 pm
What about what is going on with korea? He's threatening missiles, so they are testing missiles. I believe they tried one today that they said could reach the United states. What's up with that????
When I voted for him I had no idea that he was such a raging lunatic. It seems that every day is filled with damage control, petty bickering, and nonsense. Nothing is getting done. Enough is enough. How can we restore some sanity to the white house??

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Jul 30 2017, 1:20 am
I found it comforting that the Joint Chiefs of Staff told him where he could put his twitter about changing armed forces requirements.

anon for this

Post Sun, Jul 30 2017, 1:31 am
You're not the only one.

Trump did threaten to fire Tom Price if straight repeal didn't go through so there's something to look forward to.

Don't forget his encouraging thousands of Boy Scouts to boo Obama and Hilary Clinton.

And what's up with Republican lawmakers threatening female Republican senators with assault/ death because they don't like the way they voted on health care?

youngishbear

Post Sun, Jul 30 2017, 1:40 am
All the wonderful people he surrounded himself with are not quite the wonderful panacea they were thought to be.

At the rate we're going, it's unlikely he will have the sense to nominate decent people to fill Supreme Court seats either, so there goes that reason for voting Trump.

treestump

Post Sun, Jul 30 2017, 2:23 am
It's beyond surreal.

Don't forget Trump threatening Murkowski to punish Alaska if she voted no.

His Twitter rages are something else too. They read like the ravings of a delusional lunatic. He fired off 13 tweets yesterday, most of them completely out of touch with reality.

(And is Sean Spicer really headed to Dancing with the Stars? Smile )

What's happening in the White House seems to be a bizarre alt universe black comedy sketch.

Chloe22

Post Sun, Jul 30 2017, 6:17 am
He should be reading the Constitution at night instead of tweeting

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jul 30 2017, 6:24 am
I'm not sure what is more disgusting: That Trump was the best the Republicans could come up with, or that Hillary was the best the Democrats could come up with. It was Lose/Lose right from the get-go.

One pundit wisely wrote "Trump is finding out that becoming president and BEING president are two very different things."

I feel like he lied to us on several platforms, and I'm embarrassed that I fell for it. I still don't know if Hillary would have been any better, though. Lose/Lose, all the way around. Sad

All I can say is, Hashem is in charge. We live in strange times.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jul 30 2017, 9:00 am
I think that come the next Republican debates, no one will be allowed on stage without sharing the tax returns first.
Michael Medved said that if Trump starts rumblings about firing Mueller, there will be Republicans joining the call for impeachment. I can hear that.

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Jul 30 2017, 9:36 am
To all those who said they fell for trump and voted for him, but now regret it, did you not see the gigantic red flags?????

Fox

Post Sun, Jul 30 2017, 9:38 am
Shh! Let me tell you a secret: all of you are correct. However, the vast majority of people who voted for Trump don't really care about Beltway navel-gazing. They couldn't care less who is in, out, up, or down at the WH. They don't care that Trump is a narcissist. They figure makes him about even with more than a handful of previous Presidents.

Here's what they care about: economy, crime, and culture.

And here's what they see:

* Despite threats that the stock market would tank were Trump elected, the Dow keeps climbing.

* Trump has signed bills that overturn literally hundreds of regulations enacted during Obama's last year in office.

* Consumer and business confidence has increased.

* Despite threats that specific industries would suffer were Trump elected (e.g., tourism), that has not happened.

* New job figures are up and unemployment is down slightly.

* Illegal border crossings are significantly down.

* An incumbent President has stood up to a widely despised media and is attempting to reform the disgraceful VA.

* The Democratic Party continues to implode as new scandals unravel, and their new slogan, "a better deal" begs the question, "better than what?"

So, yes, Trump voters agree that Scaramuchi is crazier than a rat in a can. They are secretly relieved that Priebus can go back to fundraising, his specialty, and that a bull terrier is being put in his place. They are content to let Bannon noodle away at his whiteboard 24/7. Heck, they don't care if Barron is running an unlicensed backyard camp at the WH.

They want work, safety, and perhaps most importantly, respect. Frankly, we should consider ourselves lucky that we didn't get someone far worse than Trump.

marina

Post Sun, Jul 30 2017, 12:18 pm
Fox wrote:
Shh! Let me tell you a secret: all of you are correct. However, the vast majority of people who voted for Trump don't really care about Beltway navel-gazing. They couldn't care less who is in, out, up, or down at the WH. They don't care that Trump is a narcissist. They figure makes him about even with more than a handful of previous Presidents.

Here's what they care about: economy, crime, and culture.

And here's what they see:

* Despite threats that the stock market would tank were Trump elected, the Dow keeps climbing.

* Trump has signed bills that overturn literally hundreds of regulations enacted during Obama's last year in office.

* Consumer and business confidence has increased.

* Despite threats that specific industries would suffer were Trump elected (e.g., tourism), that has not happened.

* New job figures are up and unemployment is down slightly.

* Illegal border crossings are significantly down.

* An incumbent President has stood up to a widely despised media and is attempting to reform the disgraceful VA.

* The Democratic Party continues to implode as new scandals unravel, and their new slogan, "a better deal" begs the question, "better than what?"

So, yes, Trump voters agree that Scaramuchi is crazier than a rat in a can. They are secretly relieved that Priebus can go back to fundraising, his specialty, and that a bull terrier is being put in his place. They are content to let Bannon noodle away at his whiteboard 24/7. Heck, they don't care if Barron is running an unlicensed backyard camp at the WH.

They want work, safety, and perhaps most importantly, respect. Frankly, we should consider ourselves lucky that we didn't get someone far worse than Trump.

Is crime significantly down? Does your average blue collar worker have more opportunities now? Are there more factory jobs? How has the culture changed for the better? I'm completely unaware of what Trump has done to affect any of this.

marina

Post Sun, Jul 30 2017, 12:19 pm
Also can anyone explain why Trump is still holding rallies? Doesn't he have anything better to do- like run the country?

marina

Post Sun, Jul 30 2017, 12:20 pm
In some places, he continues to enjoy over 50% approval ratings, but I don't understand for what. For building a wall? For repealing the ACA? For making America look good to other countries?

leah233

Post Sun, Jul 30 2017, 12:27 pm
I never supported Trump and still don't. But the media has so been so relentlessly one dimensionally negative about him that another Trump story means nothing to me(boy who cried wolf) .I can imagine that they have even less impact on his supporters.

Last edited by leah233 on Sun, Jul 30 2017, 6:31 pm; edited 2 times in total

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jul 30 2017, 12:56 pm
Fox wrote:
They are secretly relieved that Priebus can go back to fundraising, his specialty, .

I guess that's comforting. Never occurred to me.
One of the local talk show hosts, a pretty mild mannered but funny guy, has a few bars of a certain song he plays whenever the new miscommunications guy's name comes up.
"ScaraMOUSH scaraMOUSH will you do the FANDANgo"
(Raise your hands if you know the song...I thought so Very Happy )

marina

Post Sun, Jul 30 2017, 1:00 pm
http://www.politifact.com/trut.....ice-/

Here's a fact checking article about Trump's accomplishments.

Fox

Post Sun, Jul 30 2017, 2:35 pm
marina wrote:
Is crime significantly down? Does your average blue collar worker have more opportunities now? Are there more factory jobs? How has the culture changed for the better? I'm completely unaware of what Trump has done to affect any of this.

I mentioned consumer and business confidence; a robust stock market; and rolling back regulations. These things all can be demonstrated to lead to an increase in investment and employment, statistically speaking.

Will these factors benefit every single underemployed or unemployed person in America? No. Are they all due 100 percent to actions taken by Trump? No. Nevertheless, a reasonable Trump voter looks at the information and says, "Okay, well, I wanted him to improve the business climate in the U.S., and it looks like that's happening. Maybe I'd like more improvement, but I wasn't expecting a miracle."

Crime statistics won't be available for years, but many Trump voters are simply happy that he is discussing crime problems forcefully and specifically as well as challenging the BLM narrative. It's not so much that they expect him to reduce crime significantly; they just don't want a leader like London Mayor Sadiq Khan, who seems to feel terrorism is equivalent to a parking problem.

As for culture, Trump is more of an effect than a cause. However, today's headlines show that Claremont McKenna College has punished students who shut down a speech by Heather Mac Donald, unlike Middlebury College last spring. Kid Rock, an entertainer with no discernible platform other than a pro-Trump stance, is significantly ahead of the Democratic incumbent in the Michigan Senate race. Oh, and Barnes & Noble finally capitulated and agreed to sell Milo's book in their stores. So culture-wise, conservative ideas seem to be selling!

marina wrote:
Here's a fact checking article about Trump's accomplishments.

Politifact? Robert Lichter at George Mason University debunked their analysis way back in 2013.

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Jul 30 2017, 2:36 pm
marina wrote:

MAGA!! The president's attempts at making jobs for Americans has cost taxpayers millions depending on the state. The Carrier Jobs in Indiana cost $7million for a few hundred jobs that are sunsetting. The Foxcom deal with WI will cost +$230K for each worker hired, that's how the accounting peoples are breaking down the $3billion (over 15 years) in taxpayer money going into the deal.

His campaign to support the purchase of American made products fell flat on it's face. Neither he nor any of his family members are moving their licensed product manufacturing stateside.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics