Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
An interesting phenomenoen.... conc being busy

Tefila

Post Fri, Jul 29 2005, 11:47 am
You know that saying if you want something to get done give it to a busy person. Well weird I know but that holds true w/h me anyway. I get so much more done when I have to work under pressure or time frame then when I'm more relaxed since that imo breeds laziness. How come? I'm I the only one out there Confused

proudmom

Post Fri, Jul 29 2005, 11:56 am
I work really well under pressure.

queen

Post Fri, Jul 29 2005, 1:06 pm
me too!!!!!!

Tefila

Post Fri, Jul 29 2005, 1:32 pm
Even as a girl for exams that would be in two weeks I would learn for 2 days before and still pass Confused
If I'm told gusts will be coming in an hr the laundry will be folded and dishes done b/4 you can blink. Otherwise it will wait till lunch time Confused

proudmom

Post Fri, Jul 29 2005, 1:39 pm
Frielich I am the same way. Tests I would wait till the day before.

lucy

Post Sat, Jul 30 2005, 10:57 pm
When it came to school I definately needed that pressure to work to my best potencial! Ironic!

queenie

Post Sun, Jul 31 2005, 12:36 am
Remember the old adage? "If you want something done give it to a busy person."

queenie

Post Sun, Jul 31 2005, 12:38 am
Freilich, ooopsy, I didn't see that you wrote that already!

Ok, I agree with you.

Yael

Post Mon, Aug 15 2005, 3:02 pm
I work best under pressure, b/c if I have the time I'll just slow down.
what works for me is to set a deadline by which time everything has to be done, or a time when I have to get off the comp. and start doing something!!!

Rivka

Post Mon, Aug 15 2005, 4:31 pm
I can't work too much under pressure, it gets to me after a bit. I get it too often at work and it kills you if you do it constantly.
With school, I hated doing things last minute. With exams (that ones that mattered to me) I really learnt well in advance and used that study leave for it. But with school there is always a deadline, no matter when you start.
With the house, I do when I can. Usually when I am not at work for 9 hours.
Sometimes I can feel really energetic for no reason, a bit like the nesting instinct before you have a baby and I run around cleaning the whole house. Other days I am not like that and I just trudge through the laundry and washing and stuff like it's so passe`.
When you are under pressure your adrenaline kicks in and that is why most people can do more then. Adrenaline in short spurts is ok and fine, but too much makes you ill or worse. (check out S.Korean bloke on comp!)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics