Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Cute idea for sheva brachos

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Jul 30 2017, 1:55 pm
I'm looking for a cute/out of the box idea for a Sheva brachos in flatbush. Like paint night kind of thing. Something fun, casual, sporty, different. Anyone did anything like that?

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Jul 30 2017, 2:09 pm
exit game and picnic bbq?

id loooove that

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Jul 30 2017, 2:13 pm
What's exit game? And picnic as in in a park?

Ruchel

Post Sun, Jul 30 2017, 2:16 pm
No idea but make sure this is what they really want. They might just want something "restful". or something they can dress up to. Or something very casual. Consider also the guests' ages. I personally wouldn't have gone for games (never seen them irl by adults or even bar mitsva).

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Jul 30 2017, 2:24 pm
Ruchel wrote:
No idea but make sure this is what they really want. They might just want something "restful". or something they can dress up to. Or something very casual. Consider also the guests' ages. I personally wouldn't have gone for games (never seen them irl by adults or even bar mitsva).

Thank you, you're right. They do, though. This will be their last sheva brachos of a week of classy, upscale "dress up" sheva brachos, and they would love something fun and casual. Young adventurous crowd.

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Jul 30 2017, 8:57 pm
Do tell why I got a hug for that post!

BetsyTacy

Post Sun, Jul 30 2017, 9:02 pm
I cant believe no one suggested a game night--including of course The newlywed game!

crust

Post Sun, Jul 30 2017, 9:05 pm
amother wrote:
Do tell why I got a hug for that post!

-Someone accidentally pressed down on thier touch screen just where the hug button was.
-Someone else loves your idea.

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Jul 30 2017, 9:38 pm
BetsyTacy wrote:
I cant believe no one suggested a game night--including of course The newlywed game!

Tell me more?

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Jul 30 2017, 9:39 pm
crust wrote:
-Someone accidentally pressed down on thier touch screen just where the hug button was.
-Someone else loves your idea.

So why would that warrant hug? A like, perhaps.

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Jul 30 2017, 10:10 pm
Oh my I just realized I hugged that post!!! Haha I guess I did it accidentally! So funny. Now that we got that out of the way Very Happy

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Jul 31 2017, 12:48 am
The best sheva brochos I ever made was pizza and chips and cornets for dessert. Was so much fun. Wink

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Jul 31 2017, 4:45 am
If you want to do a game, trivia about the chosson and kallah can be fun (see how well they each side knows the other kinda thing) can take a lot of planning and research, and be careful not to embarrass anyone...

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jul 31 2017, 6:40 am
From previous threads, trivia games sometimes end in hurt when they're wrong. I imagine it's generally the kallah being hurt more than the chosson, but just leaving this here.

salt

Post Mon, Jul 31 2017, 6:43 am
Newly wed - how-well-the-couple-know-each-other game is certainly not original nor out-of-the-box.
Everyone does it. I don't particularly like it. But it's by no means original anymore.

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Aug 23 2017, 8:48 pm
We ended up using this- onthespotphotomagnets.com and it was amazing! Highly recommend.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics