Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Any entrepreneur moms?

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Jul 31 2017, 2:24 pm
I'm in my early 30s... have a few kids and after being a stay at home mom, I've been trying to find jobs, but no luck. I've had lots of time to think and I feel like I'd do better as an entrepreneur. I know that it takes time and (maybe money) to be a successful businesswoman, but my husband is encouraging me. I have a few ideas, but haven't really picked the one because I still have to do research.

So any entrepreneurs on the forum?? would you like to share any tips or advice for beginners? If you've done it for years, how long did it take you to feel successful? do you love what you do? etc..

Kumphort

Post Mon, Jul 31 2017, 2:38 pm
Not st all an entrepreneur but have seen this group advertise a couple events that looks like it would benefit you
http://www.thejewishwomanentrepreneur.org

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Jul 31 2017, 3:25 pm
What type of business are you thinking of?

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Mon, Jul 31 2017, 4:04 pm
Have someone experienced in your industry go over your business plan.

Search amazon or your library for books about being an entrepreneur.

Most startups fail within five years. Could your family afford this possibility?

Henna12

Post Mon, Jul 31 2017, 4:34 pm
Yes, proud mompreneur here! It's hard to give advice with something so vague as "become an entrepreneur" but my first piece of advice would be not to invest more than you can afford to lose into your business, but instead build it up slowly.

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 6:07 am
My advice is to go into something you really enjoy, something you want to spend all your time doing, because running and growing a successful business needs dedication.

My residential and kitchen design business is B"H growing because it makes people's lives better, with G-d's help I'm very good at it, it's a specialized skill, and it's my passion — there's nothing I'd rather do more than make your home or home addition work better! Oh yeah, and be prepared to do a lot of self-promotion... Very Happy

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 6:32 am
I'm not an entrepreneur but my dh is currently starting a business. I want to echo what was previously said about not putting in more money then you can lose. We've put in a substantial amount of money so far but we made sure that we still have savings. It's also a good idea to have a backup plan. What will you do professionally if it flops?

Look for something that there is a need for. What will be "special" about what you are offering? Who is your target audience? Is that audience large enough to support your business? Depending on your business the size of your costumer base will vary.

Find out if there is any help offered where you live for small businesses. Where we live there is subsidized mentoring.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Aug 08 2017, 1:04 pm
I think a good thing for entrepreneurs is to be able to teach yourself new things. There are a lot of new skills one has to learn for starting a business. As far as tips and advice, there's so much out there on the internet in terms of blogs and articles.

Here's one article I found that talks about about branding, once you have your business idea.

https://www.highskycreative.co.....g-Pie
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics