Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Amazing play Pupa camp put up about Bais Hamikdash

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Aug 01 2017, 7:50 pm
https://youtu.be/k7pBXEqKFhw

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Aug 01 2017, 10:37 pm
Each bunk first created one of the keilim of the beis hamikdash. They set it up and then real gentiles were brought in to break it apart so the kids really felt the dissapointment.

bigsis144

Post Tue, Aug 01 2017, 10:39 pm
I would not want my kids to be there for that.

tigerwife

Post Tue, Aug 01 2017, 10:45 pm
There was a boys' camp that did something very similar years ago. The camp worked on a model of the BHM"K all summer and it was destroyed on 9 Av (the campers did not know it would be destroyed. It made the churban of the BHM"K very relatable.

yogabird

Post Tue, Aug 01 2017, 10:47 pm
bigsis144 wrote:

Me neither. It's cruel.

And besides, it misses the point.

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Aug 01 2017, 11:14 pm
tigerwife wrote:
There was a boys' camp that did something very similar years ago. The camp worked on a model of the BHM"K all summer and it was destroyed on 9 Av (the campers did not know it would be destroyed. It made the churban of the BHM"K very relatable.

That's correct Camp Agudah or camp Horim. I believe it was a yeshivish camp.

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Aug 01 2017, 11:17 pm
bigsis144 wrote:

I understand your point of view but there's nothing wrong with kids understanding a little bit what we are missing.
The fact that it was done at night that bothers me a little. other than that I think it's a very strong message

imasoftov

Post Sun, Aug 13 2017, 9:44 am
Kikar Hashabat reports that a Satmar daycamp will have an activity where they throw beans at two people dressed like Haredim serving in the Israel Army.

http://www.kikar.co.il/242298.html

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Aug 13 2017, 9:47 am
amother wrote:
Each bunk first created one of the keilim of the beis hamikdash. They set it up and then real gentiles were brought in to break it apart so the kids really felt the dissapointment.

Activity is fine but it's weird to bring in real life non Jews to destroy it, just use actors next time.

bigsis144

Post Sun, Aug 13 2017, 1:27 pm
amother wrote:
Activity is fine but it's weird to bring in real life non Jews to destroy it, just use actors next time.

This.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note