Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Linen changing

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 12:11 pm
How often is the norm to change bed linen?

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 12:17 pm
In the winter I would do 1 1/2 weeks and in summer strictly every week. But each to their own.

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 12:27 pm
At least every other week or every week (as long as I have cleaning help. Otherwise we go longer, I find it hard to do the beds.) we switch beds, so we'll use dh's bed for a week, then mine, and then I'll wash both sets of linen. When I'm a niddah, we wash the linen more often. Also, when the kids come into bed with us I wash more often (I try to be strict but sometimes it's easier to let them in rather than wake up and go downstairs so early in the morning. And with a nursing newborn, spit up happens...)

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 12:32 pm
I think every two weeks is fine, unless they get dirty. Others will say I'm gross. Whatever...

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 12:36 pm
I aim for every two weeks but with minimal cleaning help (an hour a week, she does the bathrooms), I sometimes don't get it to it until every 3-4 weeks. I never go more than 4 weeks.

yael212

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 12:56 pm
Every single week, unless we're gone for Shabbat (we go to my husbands family a lot), and then I will change every 7 days they are slept on about 1.5 weeks.

My husband thinks I'm crazy and a neat freak-if he had it his way it would be once a month(!!!) But I guess when a little fairy changes your sheets and towels etc without you noticing your entire life and then live in squalor with other male soldiers in the IDF youre pretty clueless about standards of cleanliness...

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 1:08 pm
Every week. Unless we're away, then maybe we let it go a week and a half. Even in college and grad school, it was every week.

cm

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 1:09 pm
Yay! We get to argue about this again!

Weekly. (More frequently if soiled, obviously).

Aylat

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 1:28 pm
Don't know about the norm...

Every month. More frequently if kids' linens get soiled.

No one will ever speak to me again here, right? Don't worry, guests get freshly washed linen and towels so you are safe to drop by. Can't promise it will be matching though.

Miri7

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 1:33 pm
cm wrote:
Yay! We get to argue about this again!

Weekly. (More frequently if soiled, obviously).

We should probably have a new forum dedicated to "Linen Changing"!

Weekly. If DH had his way it would be every 3 or 4 days

Iymnok

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 1:50 pm
When the washer is free. Preferably every other week...

oliveoil

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 5:50 pm
I change weekly and we shower nightly. If it's my busy season I might let it get to 10 days.

I don't understand how people go to bed dirty in general, and for sure if you don't shower nightly you should be washing your linen much more often.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 6:00 pm
Aylat wrote:
Every month.

Better than me embarrassed

SuperWify

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 6:26 pm
Thanks for this post op! I'm usually good about doing it every one-two weeks but now that I'm on vacation I started slacking. Well, this post had me running to the machine!
(Btw, it's much easier when not niddah cuz then I only do one bed)

sleepybeauty

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 6:44 pm
Once a week

seeker

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 9:48 pm
Aylat wrote:
Don't know about the norm...

Every month. More frequently if kids' linens get soiled.

No one will ever speak to me again here, right? Don't worry, guests get freshly washed linen and towels so you are safe to drop by. Can't promise it will be matching though.

Same here. Not sure why I feel ashamed around here. If I'm slimy and stinky enough to need to change my linens then I'm not going to bed until after I shower anyway. My sheets aren't dirty and they don't smell. No idea what's with all the linen-changing obsession around here.

I do throw in pillowcases just about every time I do laundry. Faces go on them, which means they can both receive and give germs more easily, plus we have dust allergies so I don't want to be breathing old pillowcases all night. But when you say "linen changing" I assume you mean the full set. Who has time for that every week?!

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 10:05 pm
When I was in summer camp we changed linens every Friday so I assume that's the norm. My parents, aunts and uncles and grandparents did the same but because they all had a reputation of being crazy clean I wouldn't have automatically assumed that they're the norm.

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 10:07 pm
Officially I change linen every rosh chodesh. Unofficially...... Kids get changed more often though because they have accidents or have a cold etc.

MagentaYenta

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 10:24 pm
You folks need to work harder on this thread. The Imamother record for posts on a laundry changing thread was 113.

WTH is this preoccupation with what others do? I don't really understand it.

essie14

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 10:46 pm
I aim for once a week but sometimes it ends up being 1.5 or 2 weeks max.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry