Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Morning - Getting out to work - Mom of 2 babies
1  2  Next

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 11:27 pm
How does your mornings look like when going to work with 2 young kids? How long does it take you from you wake up till you leave?
Do you have any tricks to make thinks easier or faster?

jewish613

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 11:40 pm
Do you need to get your kids ready and bring them out with you as well? Do you have any help while you're getting ready?

I would definitely recommend preparing as much as possible the night before.

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 11:56 pm
I need to take 2 babies to the babysitter. Without help.

MagentaYenta

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 11:57 pm
amother wrote:

Can't you hire someone?

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 11:57 pm
I would definitely recommend preparing as much as possible the night before.[/quote]

Like what?

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 12:00 am
MagentaYenta wrote:
Can't you hire someone?

My husband wouldn't want me to spend so much.

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 12:02 am
Prepare everything--breakfast, clothes, lunch, keys, phone, umbrella, outerwear etc--the night before and put it in the same place every night so you always know where it is and it's ready to grab when you need it

Fill the cereal bowls with cereal and raisins or whatever you add and cover with a saucer. If you put in cut up fruit, refrigerate overnight. In a.m. just add milk.

Put supper dishes away before bed so you don't have to do it in the morning and then set table for breakfast.

Get up early enough to be able to do your morning routine before the kids wake up. If this is 5.00 am, so be it.

Make a little basket with all your morning grooming stuff to carry to the bathroom. That way everything you need is right there. Include a bottle of clear nail polish to stop runs in your nylons and put on your nylons in the bathroom. Carry the basket back to your room and you'll never leave anything embarrassing behind. Less clutter in the bathroom too.

Do the same for the kids:prepare their stuff the night before and keep it in the same place every time.

Routine becomes habit and habit will becyour friend.

pizza4

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 12:05 am
amother wrote:

I feel for you... that's so hard! I did that with one going to the babysitter and another to playgroup and then running to work....
Here's how I tried to manage it:
Basically prepare everything the night before. Everything. All clothing. All lunches and snacks. Pampers and wipes in the baby bag, bottles etc. I think I needed about an hour and a half to get ready in the morning... I still do, if I want the getting ready to be a bit more calm. You need to count time for getting dressed, eating breakfast, dressing the kids, feeding them, changing them...

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 12:06 am
amother wrote:
I would definitely recommend preparing as much as possible the night before.

Like what?[/quote]

Every morn I have to get three kids ages 4 2 and 11 months out without any help. Everything is done the night before, mine and the kids clothing and bags. I have no margin of error. My 4 yr old goes by bus (yes I shlep all three to bus stop) if I miss the bus im in huge trouble.... Its not easy but it falls into routine eventually and if my two yr old insists on wearing something other than I set out for who as long as it somewhat matches I give in....no time for a full blown tantrum- my 4 yr old gotta make that bus 😊

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 12:08 am
amother wrote:

Is he home while you are doing all of this?

The way I see it you have a job and earn money, you need help. Use money you earn for your help.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 12:11 am
amother wrote:
Prepare everything--breakfast, clothes, lunch, keys, phone, umbrella, outerwear etc--the night before and put it in the same place every night so you always know where it is and it's ready to grab when you need it

Fill the cereal bowls with cereal and raisins or whatever you add and cover with a saucer. If you put in cut up fruit, refrigerate overnight. In a.m. just add milk.

Put supper dishes away before bed so you don't have to do it in the morning and then set table for breakfast.

Get up early enough to be able to do your morning routine before the kids wake up. If this is 5.00 am, so be it.

Make a little basket with all your morning grooming stuff to carry to the bathroom. That way everything you need is right there. Include a bottle of clear nail polish to stop runs in your nylons and put on your nylons in the bathroom. Carry the basket back to your room and you'll never leave anything embarrassing behind. Less clutter in the bathroom too.

Do the same for the kids:prepare their stuff the night before and keep it in the same place every time.

Routine becomes habit and habit will becyour friend.

OMG I wish I would be able to come close to this. After supper I fall apart and can't do anything.
This is going to be my new goal I"yh.
I didn't know people do that to that extreme.
I need to hang this on my fridge.
Thanks

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 12:13 am
Since you have to take the kids out, load the stroller the night before with the stuff you bring to the sitter. If you bring lunch or bottles, prepare them in a bag the night before in the fridge so you can grab it and stash in the stroller in the a.m.

Prep the kids clothes unless you're ok with bringing them out in pjs. I totally would leave them in pjs. Ask the sitter to feed them breakfast if they can wait that long, in which case pack breakfast as well as lunch for them the night before.

Ask dh to help you get the kids ready if he's home at this time.

Maybe have a toy that's just for the stroller to keep each kid occupied while you round up the other one. Or play music or a video if that helps.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 12:13 am
amother wrote:
Every morn I have to get three kids ages 4 2 and 11 months out without any help. Everything is done the night before, mine and the kids clothing and bags. I have no margin of error. My 4 yr old goes by bus (yes I shlep all three to bus stop) if I miss the bus im in huge trouble.... Its not easy but it falls into routine eventually and if my two yr old insists on wearing something other than I set out for who as long as it somewhat matches I give in....no time for a full blown tantrum- my 4 yr old gotta make that bus 😊

I like your attitude Very Happy

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 12:33 am
amother wrote:

Maybe have a toy that's just for the stroller to keep each kid occupied while you round up the other one. Or play music or a video if that helps.

I have this https://www.amazon.com/Munchki.....;th=1 that I give in the stroller with cereal . It doesnt make a mess and gives me a few extra minutes to get the other one ready, and gets them to settle down in the stroller without much of a fuss. Also this way I dont have to give them breakfast in the morning which saves a lot of time (no mess or cleaning up) (I send a drink and fruit along for them to eat when they get to the babysitter)
So my morning is pretty quick - I do every thing I could the night before (snacks, lunch, and ect...), get myself ready first (15 minutes), first kid dressed and changed, put in the stroller with the cereal (10 minutes) and then the next one. So about 35 minutes but I always leave 45-50 minutes to get ready since things always come up, and this way I'm not pressured for time.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 12:44 am
amother wrote:
I have this https://www.amazon.com/Munchki.....;th=1 that I give in the stroller with cereal . It doesnt make a mess and gives me a few extra minutes to get the other one ready, and gets them to settle down in the stroller without much of a fuss. Also this way I dont have to give them breakfast in the morning which saves a lot of time (no mess or cleaning up) (I send a drink and fruit along for them to eat when they get to the babysitter)
So my morning is pretty quick - I do every thing I could the night before (snacks, lunch, and ect...), get myself ready first (15 minutes), first kid dressed and changed, put in the stroller with the cereal (10 minutes) and then the next one. So about 35 minutes but I always leave 45-50 minutes to get ready since things always come up, and this way I'm not pressured for time.

Thanks for that idea. It's really helpful.

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 12:45 am
amother wrote:

So can he help you?

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 1:07 am
amother wrote:
So can he help you?

That's a separate issue.
My husband really wants to help me, but he only helps me when I tell him exactly what to do and how to do it.
Telling him to complete a task means preaching for half an hour...bla bla (which is not pleasant for him nor for me.)
So I'd rather do it myself Confused

salt

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 1:11 am
I know someone who dresses their kids the night before. After bath time, instead of pijamas, she puts on the next day's clothes.
If you're kids don't get dirty during the night, dripping milk/leaking diapers, it could be an idea.

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 1:22 am
salt wrote:
I know someone who dresses their kids the night before. After bath time, instead of pijamas, she puts on the next day's clothes.
If you're kids don't get dirty during the night, dripping milk/leaking diapers, it could be an idea.

This does not seem healthy, it seems dysfunctional to me.

salt

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 1:26 am
amother wrote:
This does not seem healthy, it seems dysfunctional to me.

Don't understand why. What's so holy about pijamas?
As long as you're clean in the morning. I can see it saving 15 mins at least! Some people on this site are so overdramatic!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics