Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
When do I stop feeling like I'm starving?
1  2  Next

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 12:06 pm
I need to lose 30-40 pounds. I use my fitness pal which says I can only have 1200 calories a day to reach my goal of losing one pound a week. I am starving and feel so weak. Does it get easier? Will my stomach shrink?
I do no exercise and can't for various reasons in my life now so this is my only way to lose.
It's hard to function and I always feel hungry. Please tell me it gets easier as I will need to be eating this little for months.

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 12:12 pm
When do I stop feeling like I'm starving?

When you start eatin'

Iymnok

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 2:20 pm
Make your calories count. Whole grain has the same calories as white, but more filling and nutritious...

"Free" foods like vegetable soup.

IMHopinion

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 2:57 pm
amother wrote:
I need to lose 30-40 pounds. I use my fitness pal which says I can only have 1200 calories a day to reach my goal of losing one pound a week. I am starving and feel so weak. Does it get easier? Will my stomach shrink?
I do no exercise and can't for various reasons in my life now so this is my only way to lose.
It's hard to function and I always feel hungry. Please tell me it gets easier as I will need to be eating this little for months.

You ARE starving. How would you stop feeling that?

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 3:09 pm
If your blood type is O , like mine, a good oil may help.. Borage oil or fresh flax oil. A teaspoon a day.
And meat or liver.

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 3:15 pm
Eat lots and lots of low calorie food. A cut up cucumber with salt can satisfy the salty-crunchy craving, and at 16 calories a pop, you have to eat a lot of them to overindulge. Low calorie bread will give you four pieces instead of two, and if you toast them, you can't really taste the difference. Go with lean white breast instead of dark meat, egg white omelets instead of the whole egg, and pack 'em with loads of sauted vegetables, which are really low cal. Learn your calorie counts and you'll be fine! Good luck!

jade

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 3:51 pm
Some people can take a while to adjust but it will pass. I'm guessing you are short, like me - I also had basically the same calorie budget to lose a pound per week. No, this is not starvation, it is a perfectly reasonable budget for many people. You may, as others have pointed out, need to take a second look at where you're getting the calories from.

Btw - it is now a year later and I have lost 40 pounds. I just want to put this out there for encouragement. This is totally doable. Good luck!

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 4:16 pm
Are you sure you can't fit in any exercise at all? Not even a 20 minute brisk walk every morning? It won't just allow you a few extra calories (about enough to eat a peach or an orange, not enough to eat a slice of pizza) it will also give you extra energy.
I agree with the imamothers telling you to figure out how to stretch your calories and eat foods that will make you feel full. You also know yourself better than we do. If you really feel like you can't do this, then instead of dropping out completely- change your goal. You'll get more calories if you only try for half a pound a week. If that's a more realistic number for you, you might be able to stick to it or even go a few calories under. At the end of the year you'll find you lost at least 25 pounds, probably closer to 30 if you were very careful.
Good luck!

agreer

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 5:01 pm
Agree with everyone else: veggies, soups, water, exercise... BTDT and it's the only way.

When you eat all your calories plus veggies, drink 8+ glasses of water, you will feel much better....

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 6:41 pm
I eat 1200 as a regular day - I am very short.
I am never ever hungry on this amount. I have 4 meals of 300 cals. Cereal and milk (I weigh cereal and measure milk to check numbers) thats filling for breakfast no?
12 ish I would have crackers /veg fruit egg etc... counting calories.
4 ish is always plain carbs as I need that energy so I usually have another bowl of cereal but thats coz I love cereal.
Then supper I fill up on lots of veg soup, salads, some protien eg chicken with hot veg... no carbs in this last meal.
I am never even a small bit hungry. Maybe its coz I eat 4 times a day?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 9:28 pm
Make an appointment with your doctor ask for contrave. Show him your cell how you are seriously counting the calories and you need the help of contrave. It worked excelent for me to stop cravings. Cravings is an adiction. If your dr refuses try weight loss dr Dr Kurian, Marian. But one thing you mist follow the instructions that is no fat food. Rather potato amd bread than fat food. It's a bad chemostry with the medicine. Vontrave is also good if after nibling on a ruguele just a tiny all of a sudden you are eating the whole closet. I take contrave with a little food (some try take without) and I feel great. I thank Hashem that a drug represantative enlightened my eyes to this at work (medical place) as a matter of fact I jad stoped contrave for a year and now started again because the help is tremendows. Drink a lot. No fats. Do a little exercise. If you are now 1200 you will feel very full with 1200 on contrave. Some advise 1000 . Depends your needs. Never start contrave faster than the dr recommends. Ask before stopping. Bli neder I will never stop it. I feel I have a chronic addiction to food and I need this. By the way I was lazy before contrave with contrave I have more stamina to do things. Oops sorry for the long speech.

mame1

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 9:40 pm
Tip: instead of having big meals, have little meals throughout the day and try to make good food decisions that will stretch your calories. And, it gets easier.

busymother

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 10:03 pm
When I start a diet it usually takes my body about 3 days to stop the always hungry feeling. Good luck!

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 10:42 pm
I think warm meals satisfy much more than cold. I agree

amother
Red

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 10:48 pm
Read Skinny Chicks Don't Eat Salad. This author claims and I believe it that you should eat your protein TOGETHER . I happen to love this book and agree with this premise. She explains all the blood sugar stuff and how it works really well. She also explains that you need to eat every 4 hours. Excellent book.

bigmomma

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 10:50 pm
Sorry-Protein and carbs(grain or fruit) TOGETHER (Skinny Chicks Don't Eat Salad)

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Aug 16 2017, 7:36 am
OP how is it going? Just thought to share what I hear that less than 1200 calories a day is not good because the body thinks you are stuck without food supply and slows metabolism . I lost 7 and am stuck. I need to lose another 20 fast per my doc. Im increasing slowly the dose of the contrave

mammala120

Post Wed, Aug 16 2017, 8:56 am
Hunger is minds way of asking for nutrients. You need to eat nutrient dense foods Salads with proteins and try to option for organic take real food supplements and probiotic. Just to starve your body will not help you loose weight.

benny

Post Wed, Aug 16 2017, 8:58 am
Lots of water will help satisfy your hunger also. Try it!

saw50st8

Post Wed, Aug 16 2017, 9:46 am
I find hot drinks really curb my appetite. I drink a lot of hot tea.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise