Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Please help me buy a new smartphone

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 6:13 pm
I am in America for a couple weeks and looking to buy a new one to use full time in Israel. I really wanted to find something for under $200 that is decent. I have been looking on Amazon and I'm just getting so overwhelmed so if anybody has a good suggestion I would have really appreciate it. If anyone has links that would be amazing. Editing to add that I'm looking for something that I can buy a very strong case for something like an OtterBox. The phone I have now is an LG and it seems like I can't find a good case and the phone keeps breaking.

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 6:24 pm
Idk about America but in Israel there's this company called Xiaomi that's chinese. It's not so well known currently but they are the third top smartphone manufacturer currently in Asia, Japan, China, and in many european countries. They have the best devices your money can get on a budget.

Plus if you get it in Israel you have much less hassle if anything goes wrong. Xiaomi devices are now being sold as ksp, bug, and many more big stores in Israel. I suggest the redmi note 4 that's between 600-900 shekel depending where you get it. Me and a bunch of my neighbors have them and I highly recommend.

Also the phone tax was just taken down to zero percent in Israel a few months ago, prices dropped by over a thousand shekel on some phones. I highly suggest you get one in Israel. Same prices now plus with the Hebrew keyboard, wires, and you wouldn't mess the warranty by leaving the country. (a lot of warranties don't support buying a phone in a country you dony actaully. Live in)

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 6:26 pm
Wow thank you so much for answering so quickly and for all of that information. I spent way too much time online looking for something and now that you told me all this I think I will wait and buy one in Israel. I live in beit Shemesh so I hope the bug there it will have I also know they're pretty good about their warranty. Do you think they have cases there or should I order something here I really need a good strong case I'm always dropping my phone.

doctorima

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 6:50 pm
If you want a really solid smartphone for up to $200, I would go with this:

https://slickdeals.net/f/10423.....t?v=1

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 9:04 pm
You can get a refurbished samsung galaxy in excellent condition for under 200. I've had only good experiences with manufacture refurbished phones, and if you aren't particular for the latest ones, even the s5 is a great smartphone. Check groupon.

amother
Red

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 9:26 pm
What are you using it for?
Camera?
Space?
Do you need an sd slot?
Do you transfer files and photos often to different devices?

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 9:31 pm
Thanks everyone for the good advice. I just use it for email, phone, what's up, pictures and internet. I just need something simple but isn't expensive but I also want to find a good case because I'm always dropping it and my LG does not have any cases that are good I've looked everywhere. Starting to think I might be better off buying it in Israelbut I will look online tonight and see these options.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sat, Aug 05 2017, 3:07 pm
I am also from Beit Shemesh. You can get Xiaomi phones at Ksp, which is in the industrial area (where the bowling was before it moved....on the same road as the new big is...where the 12 goes past,stop before BIG fashion).

Bug and Kravitz both in Big fashion should have them too.
In any case, again there's no smartphone tax anymore so prices should not be that much cheaper on ANY phone in the USA versus Israel

amother
Royalblue

Post Sat, Aug 05 2017, 8:22 pm
Tax or not, all electronic devices are far cheaper in the US than Israel.

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Aug 06 2017, 12:13 am
Thank you everyone. I decided that I'm just going to buy the phone in Israel even if it's a little bit more that way I will have a warranty. There are so many choices here and I think I've run out of time to buy one. I bought my last phone at the KSP store and I didn't find them so helpful so I think I will check out those wife on many other things that I found them to be very good about the warranty.

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Nov 21 2017, 3:09 pm
Hi and bumping this up because I never bought a phone and I have a relative that's happy to bring one in for me. Does anybody have any suggestions for a decent phone to buy online preferably on Amazon. I need something that comes with a good case like OtterBox I drop my phone all the time.thanks

doctorima

Post Tue, Nov 21 2017, 3:16 pm
How much do you want to spend, and what features are most important to you? Keep your eyes on Amazon in the upcoming week, because there should be some great Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales.

amother
Red

Post Tue, Nov 21 2017, 3:22 pm
Apparently you are an Android user. I would recommend a galaxy core prime, galaxy j7 or j3 prime 2017, Alcatel fierce xl
Huwaii also has good one.
The syoner case is excellent. But make sure it is for the exact model. Because for example the j3 comes in prime or j3 (regular) & the camera hole position is in a different spot.
Amazon is pretty much reliable. Or metropcs activate a number and get a free phone and unlock it.

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Nov 21 2017, 3:22 pm
I think the most important thing for me is something that comes with a good case but I can buy like an OtterBox I am dropping my phone all the time. I don't need anything fancy but a good camera would be nice and enough storage space where I can actually use apps. I would like to be around $200 but willing to go up a bit. It seems like I can't get anything for that price.

Boca00

Post Tue, Nov 21 2017, 3:24 pm
I'm very happy with the BLU one life phone. I had huawei phones before but they broke after a few months.

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Nov 21 2017, 3:37 pm
Thank you for all the suggestions. I hope to order one tomorrow. Be I'll be happy to other ideas, thanks.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics