Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Which are local Jewish magazine that allow subscriptions?

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 9:48 pm
Please list any of your local "free" mags that allow people from other places to subscribe. Trying to help s/o who has insatiable desire for reading material...

watergirl

Post Fri, Aug 04 2017, 1:53 am
The library...

DrMom

Post Fri, Aug 04 2017, 1:55 am
Perhaps they have an online version?

amother
Orange

Post Fri, Aug 04 2017, 8:08 am
Not free but good price.
www.wherewhatwhen.com/subscribe

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, Aug 04 2017, 12:29 pm
I don't need it to be free, I realize that mailing out of town may cost. I meant the ones that are free locally. So thanks for the suggestions above, would love to have more.

mumofthree

Post Fri, Aug 04 2017, 12:53 pm
Check out The Monsey View (distributed in monsey) and Tachlis (from Brooklyn) both have online versions.

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, Aug 04 2017, 1:59 pm
Oh, well also - are they interesting material, other than local sales? Worth reading.

Anyone here read FYI? Is it mostly about decor and fashion or is there more intellectual content?

watergirl

Post Fri, Aug 04 2017, 2:16 pm
amother wrote:
I don't need it to be free, I realize that mailing out of town may cost. I meant the ones that are free locally. So thanks for the suggestions above, would love to have more.

How on earth would we know whats available to you locally??

Dollyz

Post Fri, Aug 04 2017, 6:11 pm
amother wrote:
Oh, well also - are they interesting material, other than local sales? Worth reading.

Anyone here read FYI? Is it mostly about decor and fashion or is there more intellectual content?

Haven't read it in a while, so may be wrong. I think there was one or two intellectual articles .

amother
Firebrick

Post Sat, Aug 05 2017, 1:59 pm
amother wrote:
I realize that mailing out of town may cost.

Is there anywhere that has free postage for mail within the same town?

amother
Brown

Post Sat, Aug 05 2017, 2:25 pm
amother wrote:

Gut Voch Smile

we'd love to be of help if we can, but it would be helpful if you wrote where "locally" is?
I don't know where the person you are trying to help lives, so I don't know where locally is.
For all I know, locally can mean Japan, China, Israel, Honolulu, Australia, US, England, Hong Kong, France ... and then to narrow it down even more - which city, neighborhood?

Best of luck Smile

watergirl

Post Sat, Aug 05 2017, 9:37 pm
amother wrote:
Gut Voch Smile

we'd love to be of help if we can, but it would be helpful if you wrote where "locally" is?
I don't know where the person you are trying to help lives, so I don't know where locally is.
For all I know, locally can mean Japan, China, Israel, Honolulu, Australia, US, England, Hong Kong, France ... and then to narrow it down even more - which city, neighborhood?

Best of luck Smile

I'm going to take a wild guess and assume that local means "Brooklyn".

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Aug 06 2017, 2:05 am
When she says locally, I think she means to say in your area, that her friend who she's trying to help can subscribe to and have them mail to her for a fee.

Actually, it was so clear to me that that's what op meant, but from all the responses asking where she lives, I'm beginning to second-guess myself...

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Aug 06 2017, 4:31 pm
Thank you Amelia Bedelia. One can always count on you (or your alter-ego) to take things at face value.

So let me be very clear.

Many localities have free papers that you can pick up in stores or that are delivered to your door. Some of these papers will also mail them to people in other locations, for a fee.

I didn't specify where I live since this information could be helpful to others who live in other locations etc.

For example, I live in Lakewood and I've seen people write in to some of the free papers (Lakewood Shopper, Voice of Lakewood) saying that they were visiting in Lakewood, enjoyed the paper, and would like to subscribe.

Anyhow, thanks for your links, I will be looking into them!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room