Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Fixing a headband

Maryann

Post Fri, Aug 04 2017, 5:58 am
My daughter (3)is so upset her headband broke... I'm trying to fix it. What will be best glue to glue the design back on the actual head band? Thanks..

ra_mom

Post Fri, Aug 04 2017, 6:16 am
Hot glue from a glue gun.

Maryann

Post Fri, Aug 04 2017, 6:21 am
Thanks, I wasn't sure if I should use glue gun or 1,2,3 (super) glue

MyUsername

Post Sun, Aug 06 2017, 11:12 am
I also vote glue gun

funmother

Post Sun, Aug 06 2017, 11:33 am
I tried got glue, ribbon came off again with dried out glue will be trying tacy glue next will take some time to dry but no bumps

Maryann

Post Sun, Aug 06 2017, 12:42 pm
funmother wrote:
I tried got glue, ribbon came off again with dried out glue will be trying tacy glue next will take some time to dry but no bumps

Whats tacky glue?

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Aug 06 2017, 1:01 pm
Maryann wrote:
My daughter (3)is so upset her headband broke... I'm trying to fix it. What will be best glue to glue the design back on the actual head band? Thanks..

if it's the accessory - e.g. a bow or flower that fell off the headband, we stick it back on with "hot glue" - "devek cham" not sure how this glue is called in English.
It sticks excellently.
If the headband is plastic and snapped in half, then I don't know how to fix it. Sorry.

We also stick flowers or bows and other accessories that fell off the front part of a shoe, with devek cham.
And it stays stuck on.

Warning: be very careful how you handle devek cham; it's like its name - HOT GLUE - glue gets very hot and can cause a burn - it's in a gun shaped device plugged into an electric socket and one squirts the glue on.

hatzlocha!

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Aug 06 2017, 1:16 pm
As this is posted under Preschooler rather than Household Management, I urge you not to miss the great learning opportunity you have here.

"Mommy is trying so hard to fix your headband because I love you sooo much and I know how much you liked this headband".

"So that's very unusual because we've tried 3 different glues and it's still not sticking. "

Leading to

"Shall we look up about how glue works?"

Anf depending on the outcome either

"You know sometimes we really want something, and Hashem says no. And it can be very very disappointing but somehow we have to realize it is for the best. Shall we go to the store to look for a new headband?"

Or

"Wow it's fixed now. You know Hashem ALWAYS does everything for the best. I was getting very worried when it wasn't sticking back on, I bet you were too. But if it had stuck straight away, we wouldn't have learned all about how glue works. So even when we think something is going wrong, we have to remember it's always for the best!"

And so on
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers