Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Oven baked brown rice with mushrooms

EmpireState

Post Fri, Aug 04 2017, 5:10 pm
Looking for an oven baked brown rice recipe with mushrooms. Two musts: no stovetop time and no soup mix. TIA

penguin

Post Fri, Aug 04 2017, 6:27 pm
I don't have a recipe per se, but this is what I do.
Slice onions, place on cookie sheet w/ some oil. Bake til slightly brown, stir a couple of times. When almost done add sliced fresh mushrooms (though you can use a can if need be and add later).

Put rice in pan, amount of water as on box, or maybe a drop less and add if needed. Sprinkle a little more oil, add the veg and some dried minced onions, salt & a bit of coconut or brown sugar.
Bake covered.

That's about it. Maybe I use a recipe for regular rice & mushrooms & adapt.

Make sure all the rice is under water at first & check in 1/2 hour. Should need a hour or a bit more.

amother4

Post Sat, Aug 05 2017, 2:40 pm
I have a delicious recipe for baked brown rice. The recipe doesn't call for mushrooms, but I would just add mushrooms on top. I'm sure it would be delicious. I have added dill/parsley and it was great.

2 cups brown rice
5 cups boiling water
1 large onion, diced.
8 Tablespoons oil
generous amount of salt, paprika (I use Moroccan in oil), black pepper, and Trocomare, sprinkled over the whole dish. (Recipe called for soup mix but I just changed it to this and it's tasty).

Put it into a pyrex dish in this order and give it a small swirl with a fork. Cover with 2 layers of silver foil.

Bake at 180/350 for 1 hour and 20 minutes.

It's really good. Two of my kids asked me "What's healthier white rice or brown rice... So can you make this for us whenever you make white rice?"!

etky

Post Sat, Aug 05 2017, 2:59 pm
amother4 wrote:
I have a delicious recipe for baked brown rice. The recipe doesn't call for mushrooms, but I would just add mushrooms on top. I'm sure it would be delicious. I have added dill/parsley and it was great.

2 cups brown rice
5 cups boiling water
1 large onion, diced.
8 Tablespoons oil
generous amount of salt, paprika (I use Moroccan in oil), black pepper, and Trocomare, sprinkled over the whole dish. (Recipe called for soup mix but I just changed it to this and it's tasty).

Put it into a pyrex dish in this order and give it a small swirl with a fork. Cover with 2 layers of silver foil.

Bake at 180/350 for 1 hour and 20 minutes.

It's really good. Two of my kids asked me "What's healthier white rice or brown rice... So can you make this for us whenever you make white rice?"!

What is Trocomare?

amother4

Post Sat, Aug 05 2017, 3:24 pm
It's a blend of herbs and spices. I get it in the healthfood store. It's imported from Switzerland. If you don't have it, I would just put in the other spices and enough salt.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes