Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
School start dates for September 2017 in BP
Previous  1  2

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Aug 09 2017, 12:26 am
amother wrote:
Okay it's not like I'm bored.
Basically I am ahead of a school and I have to find out which days everyone else is starting so like that I know when to start my school so therefore I called the school that I know their numbers on the top of my head and then I just compared it and then I figure it out when I want to start.
you get it?
good!
I anyways had to write it down, so I figured I'll just copy and paste it and post it on ima mother in case anyone really wants to know.

Now im curious to know which school
a) still doesn't know at this point when they're starting?
And b) uses a really interesting method to figure it all out.

Seriously??

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Aug 09 2017, 12:40 am
amother wrote:
Now im curious to know which school
a) still doesn't know at this point when they're starting?
And b) uses a really interesting method to figure it all out.

Seriously??

The schools that are unknown dates the person who had the exact date wasn't in. And I am not understanding your second question. Seriously!

MagentaYenta

Post Wed, Aug 09 2017, 12:41 am
Wait, do you mean to say that when kids get out of school for the summer, you don't have a date certain that school starts again?

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Aug 09 2017, 12:42 am
amother wrote:
And so are the majority of working women. Its all part of normal work criteria and your job is no different than most jobs out there.

Besides that schools you get paid very very late. That's the difference

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Aug 09 2017, 12:44 am
MagentaYenta wrote:
Wait, do you mean to say that when kids get out of school for the summer, you don't have a date certain that school starts again?

Chill. I have my dates already. I just called schools to compare to see if to start on the 5,6 or 7th.

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Aug 09 2017, 12:49 am
MagentaYenta wrote:

Yes. We don't have the start date for September but we know that school usually starts with a half day the Wednesday after Labor day.

married2020

Post Wed, Aug 09 2017, 12:56 am
Does anyone know when Bais Yaakov pre school is starting ?

Also to above teacher , I don't understand why you expect to get off more days just because you're a teacher ? Any other working mom doesn't get off a few days before pesach or isru chag etc etc. Do you know how difficult it is to figure out what to do with the kids on the countless days off?

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Aug 09 2017, 12:58 am
married2020 wrote:

Also to above teacher , I don't understand why you expect to get off more days just because you're a teacher ? Any other working mom doesn't get off a few days before pesach or isru chag etc etc. Do you know how difficult it is to figure out what to do with the kids on the countless days off?

They usually have their first half day on the Thursday after Labor day but we haven't received the information packet yet.

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Aug 09 2017, 9:49 am
amother wrote:
The schools that are unknown dates the person who had the exact date wasn't in. And I am not understanding your second question. Seriously!

I think you misunderstood my question. Ill explain. A) which school (as in yours) didnt know the starting date and have the registration packet prepared and mailed out one month prior to starting? Do you then complain when the parents are farshlepped with submitting all the forms and documents and tuition contracts?
B) you seriously call other schools, shop around and make your decision based on that?

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Aug 09 2017, 9:52 am
amother wrote:
Besides that schools you get paid very very late. That's the difference

sorry im so confused what has this got to do with anything??
and I am not clueless in this area btw- my husband works in a school and they only paid him for half of last year- but still I have no idea what has this got to do with this converstaion>?

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Aug 09 2017, 9:54 am
married2020 wrote:

yes thank you for validating , so I am already trying to plan what to do with the kids for the 2.5 weeks between camp and school
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics