Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Moving to Lakewood

user2

Post Wed, Aug 09 2017, 6:06 pm
We're looking to move from Brooklyn to Lakewood. We don't know where to look, don't know the neighborhoods. looking through Masa U'Matan- there are soo many different areas...
If anyone can help me figure it out...

We're Chassidish, young - 2 little children, looking to rent-preferably not a basement
My husband wants more Chassidish (typical boro park type)
I grew up in a chassidish home, out of town. Less Chassidim, more litvish, yeshivish, modern-orthodox as well. I had Litvish coworkers
I'm looking for a neighborhood that's somewhat of a mix. chassidish, heimish, litvish/yeshivish (I don't know the difference). not really "cool" or extremely "with-it" if you get what I mean...

imasinger

Post Wed, Aug 09 2017, 6:15 pm
Hmm. Maybe Chateau Park?

DVOM

Post Wed, Aug 09 2017, 6:23 pm
Welcome to Lakewood! We are not at all Chassidic, so I don't know if I can be any help to you regarding neighborhoods, but if you have any other Lakewood questions (doctors, grocery stores, parks, playgroups, anything) I'd be happy to help!

user2

Post Wed, Aug 09 2017, 6:33 pm
DVOM wrote:
Welcome to Lakewood! We are not at all Chassidic, so I don't know if I can be any help to you regarding neighborhoods, but if you have any other Lakewood questions (doctors, grocery stores, parks, playgroups, anything) I'd be happy to help!

Thank You. Once we settle on a house it's onto playgroups Smile Nervous

DVOM

Post Wed, Aug 09 2017, 6:36 pm
I actually used to live in the south route 9 end of town, so I'm very familiar with the good playgroup morahs in the neighborhoods. Feel free to PM me if you want some names and numbers. I should warn you that this late in the year you might have a difficult time finding morahs with open slots.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Aug 09 2017, 7:41 pm
It seems like the Ridge area is a great option for you.

Reesa

Post Wed, Aug 09 2017, 8:37 pm
Oak and vine is a new neighborhood that is heimish.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Aug 10 2017, 6:32 am
amother wrote:
It seems like the Ridge area is a great option for you.

I was going to say Ridge area too.

Also Agway area, down East County Line Road, East End..... There are lots of Chassidish shuls there, and a mixed crowd.

debsey

Post Thu, Aug 10 2017, 10:29 am
Chateau Park sounds like a great option for you, and so does Ridge. Both have great playgroups in the neighborhood.

I don't know if I'd risk the Oak and Vine developments. The crowd isn't firmed up yet, and I would never live on that corridor, because the traffic is likely to be a nightmare.

lkwdmommy

Post Thu, Aug 10 2017, 11:55 am
Chateau and Ridge sound like good choices. Also, look into Brookhill and the East End area, closer to County Line Road.

But, these are all houses or duplexes. So, you would have to go with a basement or rent the whole upstairs. There are no apt. buildings in those areas.

esther36

Post Thu, Aug 10 2017, 5:27 pm
Oak and Vine sounds perfect. The four people I know moving there r all ppl that moved from bp!!

debsey

Post Sat, Aug 12 2017, 7:50 pm
esther36 wrote:
Oak and Vine sounds perfect. The four people I know moving there r all ppl that moved from bp!!

Because they don't yet get the reality of lakewood traffic. I feel bad for them.........

Chayalle

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 10:46 am
debsey wrote:
Because they don't yet get the reality of lakewood traffic. I feel bad for them.........

I wanted to move to the Spruce street area, but DH nixed it for that reason. He says he will spend his life in the car....

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Dec 28 2017, 11:13 am
op come over the route 70. we have all you need here provided you drive. then its so peaceful here. and so many better options. rent is cheaper. and locust grove is a nice mixed crowd, of people from b.p. and even litvish, heimish, real nice crowd.

not sure op is still interested. anywhere away from the 9 is great. ridge is more expensive. then here where I am

keym

Post Thu, Dec 28 2017, 11:29 am
Do you drive? If not, you need Chateau, Westgate, Brookhill, or Louisburg. I dont think theres any walkable shopping by Ridge.
If you do drive, consider traffic. Rt 70 is very far from the center, but it is near main roads.
Something interesting I noticed that developments tend to all be with families around the same age. So Brookhill or Ridge might be the right hashkafic fit but the ages might be too old to be friends with you.
I would look into Ocean Point, Prospect Park, Prospect Vines, The Woods, and the other Cedarbridge Developments. I know nothing about the neighborhoods other than theyre mostly young married 5-9 yrs.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating