Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Smartphone Macht Frei?
Previous  1  2  3  4

imasoftov

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 11:52 am
zaq wrote:
You know what's the problem with these people? No sense of proportion. Everything is the greatest disaster since the Flood, the most dangerous threat to Jewish survival since the Pharaohs, an atomic bomb aimed at the heart of Am Yisrael. And that's just the eruv that they don't like.

OK, those are probably conventional missiles ...

LittleDucky

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 12:09 pm
It really isn't so "brilliant". From a historical perspective, the term "frei" was used as they were "free" from Mitzvos.
This sign is basically parroting the original meaning and usage of the term. And then threw in horrible graphics.

And when will people realize that inanimate objects are neither good nor bad. It is all up to the person using them! A knife can cut challah, food for a baby etc or it can kill someone. Do we ban all knives? A hammer can build a house but it can also maim. Ok, pretty much anything can be a weapon. A smartphone is the same way- I know a young guy who went blind... He uses the iPhone to learn Torah since it has features to allow one to use it without needing sight. He couldn't use a gemarra! Or the mom of a kid who RL had cancer- she contacts doctors, orders refills, researches while waiting in the doctors office etc. she didn't have one before her child was diagnosed but now needs it because doctors expect you to have one and the amount she gets done is amazing and allows her to be a better mother to her sick child and the siblings at home.

All real reasons to have a smartphone. And will not make them go to gehenim or force them to do anything assur. It is the user, not the item!!

zaq

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 12:14 pm
Imasoftov, that's amazing! where do you find this stuff?

imasoftov

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 4:21 pm
zaq wrote:
Imasoftov, that's amazing! where do you find this stuff?

I did a google image search for ועדת הרבנים לעניני תקשורת and when I found a relevant image I clicked on it, and looked at related images and "view more". Sometimes it would take me to collections of images.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics