Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Where do people get good deals on handmade Persian rugs?

amother
Khaki

Post Sat, Aug 12 2017, 10:03 pm
Im looking for a Kerman, Tabriz, or Kashan look in pastel colors (not the usual reds).

I see Persian rugs in antique shops sometimes, but Id prefer to look where theres a good selection, at good prices though.

turca

Post Sat, Aug 12 2017, 10:08 pm
I thought real Persian rugs didn't exist anymore. If they do,they are antique?or made in India, but still called Persian? I've heard this info a few years ago, I'm not sure if it's true or not.

amother
Khaki

Post Sat, Aug 12 2017, 10:38 pm
turca wrote:
I thought real Persian rugs didn't exist anymore. If they do,they are antique?or made in India, but still called Persian? I've heard this info a few years ago, I'm not sure if it's true or not.

Rugs still come from Persia, afaik, but the more desirable ones are the rugs that are twenty or more years old, that are in good condition. Im looking for Persian design, whether its made in Persia or not. Nice Persian design rugs have been made in Pakistan and even China. The main thing is KPSI- Knots Per Square Inch, the more, the better the quality and the higher the price.

Zeleze

Post Sun, Aug 13 2017, 3:14 am
I Remember going with my parents as a child to Kalaty rugs, or something like that name.

A huge store that had a great variety. (this is about 20 years ago)

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Aug 24 2017, 8:18 am
Any other places that Ill find a nice selection of handmade Persian design rugs (not neccessarily made in Persia)?

TIA

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Aug 24 2017, 11:35 am
I bought one of my rugs from a local dealer with a fine reputation, it was a Caucasian, I just couldn't resist it.

Years ago I hit a garage sale with some great rugs. I got 6 for roughly $300 and sold the Kashan for about $2k (not my style). That paid for my finds which are with me to this day.

Do you know anything about rugs or are you just attracted to the colors and patterns?

Rutabaga

Post Thu, Aug 24 2017, 12:37 pm
I don't know about specifically Persian rugs, but ABC Carpets has a huge selection of all kinds of rugs from traditional to more modern. If you can get to their store in NYC then you can almost always find something. They can also make some things to your specifications in terms of size and color. Their prices vary greatly so look for sales if you have a small budget.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics