Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Female picture in the main mishpacha magazine this week
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Aug 13 2017, 11:07 pm
I would like to see pictures of Distinguished Chusheva Rebitzins & Oustanding women in our society that are constantly in Mishpacha Magazine. If a childhood picture is allowed, then show us how she looked in childhood. At least in Family First, which is a womens magazine.
What is your opinion?

Were the photos this week in the men's main Mishpacha absolutely necessary ???? What is your opinion? What made them decide to veer from policy???
I feel terrible for parents losing a child, but this is a separate issue.

I'd love to have, at least a small head picture when presenting a special woman.

yogabird

Post Sun, Aug 13 2017, 11:09 pm
Here we go again.

siyata dishmaya

Post Sun, Aug 13 2017, 11:12 pm
it was only pictues of her as a child. not an adult

cnc

Post Sun, Aug 13 2017, 11:12 pm
I was very surprised. Very pleasantly surprised.
Also I think you meant the family magazine , not the men's magazine. I wasn't aware that Mishpacha has a men's magazine.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Aug 13 2017, 11:20 pm
amother wrote:
I would like to see pictures of Distinguished Chusheva Rebitzins & Oustanding women in our society that are constantly in Mishpacha Magazine. If a childhood picture is allowed, then show us how she looked in childhood. At least in Family First, which is a womens magazine.
What is your opinion?

Were the photos this week in the men's main Mishpacha absolutely necessary ???? What is your opinion? What made them decide to veer from policy???
I feel terrible for parents losing a child, but this is a separate issue.

I'd love to have, at least a small head picture when presenting a special woman.

They were pictures of the girl under the age that they allow to be published, same as under the age that is allowed to be in the Jr artwork page.
The pictures were relevant as the story was discussing the girls growing up experience. It made sense in the context and added meaning.

If you had a story on a rebbitzen, would it make you feel better to see a picture of this rebbitzen when she was 5 or 6? When the story is discussing her legacy and says she passed away at 86 right near a picture of her from second grade?

If you are fighting the "how come no pictures of rebbitzens " fight then it's a different story, I don't think showing pictures of a 2cd grader in context with the story of a girl growing up and so on is the same. They didn't print pictures of her as a young adult, they show some of her hair and her shoe in the picture with the Krula Rebbe in the hospital. They printed artwork that she sketched as a young adult.

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 12:07 am
I have not seen pictures of second grade girls in men's Mishpacha or Family First.
Yes, I would opt for childhood picture rather than a picture of husband and/or sons of article about a woman.

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 12:10 am
cnc wrote:
I was very surprised. Very pleasantly surprised.
Also I think you meant the family magazine , not the men's magazine. I wasn't aware that Mishpacha has a men's magazine.

Yes, I was pleasantly surprised too!
A step in the right direction

tigerwife

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 12:12 am
I think the Family First is marketed as a women's magazine, but the Mishpacha is not a 'men's' magazine as far as I understand.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 12:34 am
Who was the article about?

cnc

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 12:42 am
ra_mom wrote:
Who was the article about?

Malky Klein

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 8:00 am
Unfortunately she is not with us. No man will have a tavah over a women that is not with us anymore. So therefore people are much quicker to be mateer

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 8:03 am
amother wrote:
Unfortunately she is not with us. No man will have a tavah over a women that is not with us anymore. So therefore people are much quicker to be mateer

Which begs the question: what about other women who are no longer with us?

abound

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 8:25 am
It would be disrespectful torward the women in question to print their pictures in a public forum. Most distinguished chashive rebbitzens would be upset and it is in line with the wishes of those that are no longer with us not to print it. yes there are some that would not mind and those can and should be printed.

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 8:44 am
Op, to me it sounds like you're saying you'd rather see a childhood picture of a rebbetzin than a picture of a beautiful neshama who saw so much rejection yet tried fighting until she couldn't. It sounds like you're offending the memory of Malky Klein a"h. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like your post is in VERY poor taste. To say the least.
(Also, there is no "main men's part." There is the Mishpacha, which is a family magazine, and the family first, which is the women's magazine.)

happy12

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 8:59 am
I don't think she is offending her memory. I just think op is saying when there is an article about a reb bitten put in s picture from when she is young instead of a picture of her husband.

abound

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 9:16 am
This issue with Malky Klien is very difficult. Because anything anyone says or does is offensive to either Malky or her family or a rejection of their pain.

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 9:19 am
amother wrote:

1. I have no problem with women in magazines.
2. Your statement is completely untrue.
3. They have no problem with pictures of young girls, and much of the article discussed malkis youth. So the photos were relevant.
4. I imagine that her family may have requested to put in photos. Whereas many other families would not make the same request regarding their family member.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 9:21 am
happy12 wrote:
I don't think she is offending her memory. I just think op is saying when there is an article about a reb bitten put in s picture from when she is young instead of a picture of her husband.
Seriously? A picture of a rebbetzin as a little girl would be better than a picture of her husband? I really dont think so. I think its the same if not worse. If they dont want to put a picture of any females, then put something else, a flower, a shul, but not the person in quesiton when she was little. It demeans the person who they are talking about as they are at present (even if not alive)

Ima_Shelli

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 9:36 am
I was extremely impressed with the article and the editorial decision regarding the accompanying pictures.

I would suggest that those who feel similarly, including cnc and Amother Honeydew from above, please take a moment to write a quick note of support to the editors at Mishpacha (inbox@mishpacha.com, editor@mishpacha.com) since I would imagine that anyone who is in opposition will be writing them too and it is important that they hear supportive voices from their readership.

dancingqueen

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 9:47 am
allthingsblue wrote:
Op, to me it sounds like you're saying you'd rather see a childhood picture of a rebbetzin than a picture of a beautiful neshama who saw so much rejection yet tried fighting until she couldn't. It sounds like you're offending the memory of Malky Klein a"h. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like your post is in VERY poor taste. To say the least.
(Also, there is no "main men's part." There is the Mishpacha, which is a family magazine, and the family first, which is the women's magazine.)

Just to clarify as I'm unfamiliar with this magazine, what's the difference in content between the family magazine and the women's magazine?
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room