Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Female picture in the main mishpacha magazine this week
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Aug 16 2017, 10:18 am
There's a difference between possibly marrying the person in the photo or just having it there.... To be there. Also its not being on countertops in the supermarkets and seen by over 30,000 people. There's a different between public and private. Although a shidduch resume is passed around I didn't not post it on Facebook or in a way where whoever wanted to see an just see it..

In any case I'm not going around asking questions. If you truly wanted to know you would find out in a way that possibly isn't asking anonymous women on an online forum. I'm not side stepping the question, I didn't forget to ask I didn't actually care if it's halacha or not because if my Rav says it needs to be done than it needs to be done whether or not its a halacha or hashkafa psak.

I explained the source. You don't have to like it.

watergirl

Post Wed, Aug 16 2017, 10:28 am
LovesHashem wrote:
There's a difference between possibly marrying the person in the photo or just having it there.... To be there. Also its not being on countertops in the supermarkets and seen by over 30,000 people. There's a different between public and private. Although a shidduch resume is passed around I didn't not post it on Facebook or in a way where whoever wanted to see an just see it..

In any case I'm not going around asking questions. If you truly wanted to know you would find out in a way that possibly isn't asking anonymous women on an online forum. I'm not side stepping the question, I didn't forget to ask I didn't actually care if it's halacha or not because if my Rav says it needs to be done than it needs to be done whether or not its a halacha or hashkafa psak.

I explained the source. You don't have to like it.

I dont know why you think I'm asking you. You said you were checking. Then you said you forgot to ask if was actual halacha. No one is forcing you to keep coming back and posting on here. You've said upthread that youre done.

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Aug 16 2017, 5:05 pm
watergirl wrote:
I dont know why you think I'm asking you. You said you were checking. Then you said you forgot to ask if was actual halacha. No one is forcing you to keep coming back and posting on here. You've said upthread that youre done.

How rude. Since when are posts only for specific posters to reply to. For some reason many posters think that when it comes to those who espouse 'extreme' views, all social etiquette and manners go out the window.

Still waiting for YOU to check with the Gadol who you've been brandishing here without verifying his take on it.

pause

Post Wed, Aug 16 2017, 5:24 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
For example they had an article about 6-12 months ago about women learning to take time off for themselves and included a source for this in a big sefer written by a big Rav (no I cannot remember which one, if you take offense to that I honestly don't care anymore) that stated a woman must make time for herself for her own needs. But it failed to mention that the sentence in the sefer ended with a comma and continued "But if she takes a fingerlength ( finger or hair somethibg.... I may be wrong about the exact wording of that word) extra time to her self that is not needed she will be punished severly.

Aha.... Um that was not what the article said. Hmmmmmm.... I wonder why.

Umm... Say what? shock

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Aug 16 2017, 6:44 pm
Same reaction. I believe it was a gemara. I could even try and find out. Point is they said "Hey the first half of this is nice and its good source too! Let's just ignore the rest and cut it off in middle."

That's only one example of things that a magazine has done that I did not agree with. Although I know they did not want to scare viewers in life there is consequences for everything you do. It always leads to something good or bad. There's responsibility and juggling different thibgs.... This isn't news. But for some reason still ommited.

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Aug 16 2017, 6:46 pm
Now I'm considered extreme? Gosh I'm considered extremely modern in my crowds. This is hysterical.

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Aug 17 2017, 8:59 pm
I'm the ORIGINAL OP. You are saying that the cutoff age is 6. I'm reading both Mishpacha magazines for over 10 years. I do NOT remember seeing any other female picture, before this...of any age. Remind me???

Again, I don't know the Klein Family, and my heart aches for their loss.

watergirl

Post Thu, Aug 17 2017, 9:05 pm
amother wrote:
I'm the ORIGINAL OP. You are saying that the cutoff age is 6. I'm reading both Mishpacha magazines for over 10 years. I do NOT remember seeing any other female picture, before this...of any age. Remind me???

I went to their website just now and clicked "archives". This year alone there are a number on the FF. Looking for girls who arent toddlers specificaly, Feb 22 issue, december 7, december 9, 2016, and I stopped scrolling after that. This IS one of the first I've noticed on the main mag.

cnc

Post Thu, Aug 17 2017, 10:03 pm
amother wrote:

Mishpacha Junior- they publish pictures of children with their artwork. It specifically says that they only publish pictures of girls under the age of six. (Page 24 in the current edition.)

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Aug 17 2017, 11:27 pm
cnc wrote:
Mishpacha Junior- they publish pictures of children with their artwork. It specifically says that they only publish pictures of girls under the age of six. (Page 24 in the current edition.)

I repeat, have you ever seen female pictures of any age, before, in Main Mishpacha Magazine??? How about FF??
Just wondering??

cnc

Post Thu, Aug 17 2017, 11:36 pm
amother wrote:
I repeat, have you ever seen female pictures of any age, before, in Main Mishpacha Magazine??? How about FF??
Just wondering??

It did strike me when I opened it, and I definitely don't remember offhand such a large photo before. I was impressed though and think that it added to the article and to the point. (I'm still not fully convinced that they should start publishing pictures of women. There are other magazines that do- and I think it's nice that there are some magazines catering to those that wouldn't bring magazines with women inside their home [I'm not necessarily referring to myself]. )

amother
Khaki

Post Fri, Aug 18 2017, 12:36 am
amother wrote:

You seem disturbed by them printing the picture of this young girl, are you?

watergirl

Post Fri, Aug 18 2017, 3:49 am
amother wrote:
Just wondering??

This is so weird. Did you see my post? Its like 2 posts up. I literally gave the dates of 3 or 4 weeks that FF published pics of girls on the cover.
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room