Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Starting a deal site

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 9:42 am
I want to open a deal site. Does anyone here have experience with this? I don't have a problem finding the deals I need help with who to go to to open the site and how I make money from amazon and other sites from people clicking on the deals.
Thanks

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 10:04 am
Maybe thru ebates.
There's dansdeals, kollelbudget, spentright yidclick

TwinsMommy

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 5:37 pm
kosher on a budget too. what makes your site different and unique? why should we click on your site?

as far as starting a site, the best thing (in my opinion) is to install wordpress. you can make it a static multi page deal or you can make it a blog--- you can do either that way.

I purchase domains and hosting through godaddy.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 7:22 pm
Thank you, I know how to open a site I'm trying to figure out how I make money when someone clicks on a link through my site.

loveit

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 7:35 pm
You become an affiliate and your links run through your account so a place like amazon tracks it. Google amazon affiliate program, there are many others. Also you can have ad banners that will bring on revenue as well.

But like PP wrote, what will make your site different/better than the ones we all already use?

smileyfaces

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 8:53 pm
loveit wrote:

But like PP wrote, what will make your site different/better than the ones we all already use?

This.

anon for this

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 9:30 pm
OP, I'm not sure what you have in mind for your site, but one angle that might be interesting would be kosher grocery store deals. A lot of general deal sites offer coupon matchups for different chains, but many of these deals are for products that aren't kosher. If there was a site that only listed the kosher deals for major chains (such as Shoprite, Acme, etc.) I would probably check it out. And since I don't think any of the other deal sites mentioned above usually list grocery deals, this would make your site unique.

LittleDucky

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 10:16 pm
anon for this wrote:
OP, I'm not sure what you have in mind for your site, but one angle that might be interesting would be kosher grocery store deals. A lot of general deal sites offer coupon matchups for different chains, but many of these deals are for products that aren't kosher. If there was a site that only listed the kosher deals for major chains (such as Shoprite, Acme, etc.) I would probably check it out. And since I don't think any of the other deal sites mentioned above usually list grocery deals, this would make your site unique.

DailyCheapskate does it for Amazon sold kosher products.
You make money buy someone clicking on the website to buy it but you can't do that if it is just a Kroger or Walmart matchup. There's nothing to click! Your only source of revenue would be banner ads...

anon for this

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 10:40 pm
LittleDucky wrote:
DailyCheapskate does it for Amazon sold kosher products.
You make money buy someone clicking on the website to buy it but you can't do that if it is just a Kroger or Walmart matchup. There's nothing to click! Your only source of revenue would be banner ads...

I think coupon printing sites like coupons.com used to pay sites that linked to them. I'm not sure if that's still the case though.

It's true that listing grocery deals isn't a great way to make money through clicks though. Probably most of the sites that lists coupon deals make their money through banner ads.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Aug 16 2017, 9:18 am
loveit wrote:
You become an affiliate and your links run through your account so a place like amazon tracks it. Google amazon affiliate program, there are many others. Also you can have ad banners that will bring on revenue as well.

Thanks everyone! I don't know how different my site would be but there are so many deals that I find that nobody else finds or they find and post them a few days after I see them. I'm looking for something that I can do from home and this is something I think I can do. There are so many deals on the Internet all the time it's impossible for anyone to find all of them.

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Sep 13 2023, 2:08 pm
amother Lawngreen wrote:
Thanks everyone! I don't know how different my site would be but there are so many deals that I find that nobody else finds or they find and post them a few days after I see them. I'm looking for something that I can do from home and this is something I think I can do. There are so many deals on the Internet all the time it's impossible for anyone to find all of them.

Bump. I'm looking to start something like this. Where do you find the deals?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers