Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Latest Style?

kenz

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 2:41 pm
Can someone please tell me what the latest style snood that "everyone is wearing" is? I only wear them at home so no Wrapunzel-types. I just need what most people wear when they get up in the morning until they leave to wherever. I have teenagers who want me to be up to date and this is an easy thing to do. The last ones I bought were the short black chenille ones but I'm not seeing them on the hair covering websites so I'm assuming something else is in style.
TIA!

kenz

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 4:42 pm
No one knows what's in in headgear?

rdmom

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 5:19 pm
Wonder if the picture will come up. On double header website.

http://I.imgur.com/Umu7OfH.png

kenz

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 5:21 pm
rdmom wrote:
Wonder if the picture will come up. On double header website.

http://I.imgur.com/Umu7OfH.png

Thanks! I can't see the picture b/c of my filter. Can you tell me what to look at on the Double Header site?

OutATowner

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 5:24 pm
It's a cable knit beret, in various colors. $18

nicole81

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 5:27 pm
kenz wrote:
Thanks! I can't see the picture b/c of my filter. Can you tell me what to look at on the Double Header site?

It's a cableknit beret.

I went away away last month for a shabbos hotel program and wore a multicolor turquoise chenille snood Saturday night. I bought it earlier in the year because I loved the color and style. I remember coming down from my room that night wondering if I'd stick out like a sore thumb and much to my surprise, most of the women were wearing similarly bright colored chenille snoods. So I guess that's what's "in" ?!

seeker

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 5:33 pm
The colorful chenille snoods are still in, but IMHO the cable knits look so much nicer (the knit drapes more smoothly over your head than the crocheted kind) and they are also trending.

Looks like the pretied bandannas aren't such a thing anymore but you can still wear them...

kenz

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 5:57 pm
seeker wrote:
The colorful chenille snoods are still in, but IMHO the cable knits look so much nicer (the knit drapes more smoothly over your head than the crocheted kind) and they are also trending.

Looks like the pretied bandannas aren't such a thing anymore but you can still wear them...

Oh, my girls made me stop wearing the pre-tied bandanas years ago. "No one" was wearing them anymore. (To be fair, I really don't see anyone wearing them around, even though they were definitely the most comfortable.)

kenz

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 5:58 pm
OutATowner wrote:
It's a cable knit beret, in various colors. $18

Thanks!

miami85

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 9:52 pm
If the whole point of them is wearing them before you would be seeing people--then, and I know teenagers can be annoying on this subject--but why does it matter what the latest style is? How would anybody know?

seeker

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 10:07 pm
kenz wrote:
Oh, my girls made me stop wearing the pre-tied bandanas years ago. "No one" was wearing them anymore. (To be fair, I really don't see anyone wearing them around, even though they were definitely the most comfortable.)

I guess it depends where you are, where I live it's not trending but people still do wear them out, and definitely wear them at home plenty. So now snoods/berets are more of a going-out thing and the bandannas stay at home, whatever. I just bought a couple of new pretieds because my head has gotten used to them and going back to snoods is going to take a whole new adjustment (though I bought a couple of those too. Splurged at a sale.) #sensoryproblems

kenz

Post Thu, Aug 17 2017, 9:29 pm
miami85 wrote:
If the whole point of them is wearing them before you would be seeing people--then, and I know teenagers can be annoying on this subject--but why does it matter what the latest style is? How would anybody know?

Because I wear them around the house and they do have friends who come over. I don't run and put on a sheitel for everyone who decides to knock on my door.
Plus, you know how annoying teenagers can be... Very Happy

skee

Post Thu, Aug 17 2017, 9:49 pm
seeker wrote:
I guess it depends where you are, where I live it's not trending but people still do wear them out, and definitely wear them at home plenty. So now snoods/berets are more of a going-out thing and the bandannas stay at home, whatever. I just bought a couple of new pretieds because my head has gotten used to them and going back to snoods is going to take a whole new adjustment (though I bought a couple of those too. Splurged at a sale.) #sensoryproblems

I have the same sensory issue. I love pretieds and have tried to get used to a snood again but haven't managed so far. Really, I don't have the money or the inclination to keep up with the latest styles so I just wear my pretieds still. The chenille snoods are so short and I feel like I look like I am wearing a mushroom on my head!

Ruchel

Post Fri, Aug 18 2017, 7:58 am
kenz wrote:

Seriously? You don't let your kids decide.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels