Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Super easy suppers

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Aug 16 2017, 5:56 pm
Hi all,

BH I recently had my 3 child (my oldest is 3) and I'm headed back to work soon. I'm looking for ideas for super easy suppers. My ideal criteria would be suppers that can be made in the oven in a pan (no dishes!) and are quicker than quick to prep.

Any organized moms out there that have this down to a science?

Please share!

TIA

UnFarvosNischt

Post Wed, Aug 16 2017, 6:18 pm
Hey!

I love one pan meals! My recipe is very simple but very versatile!
You just put in a dish:
- the protein you want (salmon, white fish, chicken cutlets, chicken breasts...
- the vegetables you have (tomatoes, sweet potatoes, potatoes, shallots or onions, broccoli, zucchinis...)
- and for the spices just salt/pepper/oliv oil/thyme or barbecue mix, onion mix etc.
I do that at least once a week!

You can also make a one-pan meal with rice, you put rice in your dish, your chicken, some dressing and 3 or cups of water. Don't forget to check, as soon as the water dries out you have to add some more!

Those recipes are really easy, nothing to prepare beforehand apart from defrosting the protein and peeling/cutting the vegetables. With a good dressing they are all yummy!

Good luck and Mazel tov on your new baby!

bsy

Post Wed, Aug 16 2017, 7:05 pm
I do chicken and rice or barley in a pan. Put rice or barley in pan, sprinkle with salt and pepper and soup mix if u want. Pour in water and stir. Put chicken on top and spice with whatever you like. Cover and bake.

farina

Post Wed, Aug 16 2017, 9:03 pm
I make sloppy Jose by putting pkg of chopped meat in pacanon high heat for a few minutes till it turns brown.then I add jar of pizza sauce and lower heat for twenty minutes.serve w spaghetti.u do need two pots for this but it is super easy.

Ahuva

Post Wed, Aug 16 2017, 9:30 pm
Before I gave birth I bought a few packages of chicken and froze them ready to bake.

Coated in mayo and then crumbs. (Mix some everything challa topping into the crumbs) serve with baked potatoes.

Place chopped onions (can b bought frozen) in a pan salt, pepper, paprika, 1/4 cup oil. Chicken skin facing down. Add small red potatoes b4 baking.

Place chopped onions (can b the frozen) in a pan add salt , pepper, paprika, crushed garlic
1/4 cup oil
5 cups of water
2 cups of uncle bens rice
Chicken skin down.
Add water and rice and b4 baking
Bake for about 2.5 hours

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Aug 16 2017, 9:53 pm
what kind of food does your family like?

My kids are fine with grilled cheese, macaroni w/ cheese, corn (from a can) ..fish sticks, frozen blintzes and pizza ...

my dh on the other hand is not okay with the above items for his meal. He really needs his chicken and side every night. So I end up giving the kids the easy things and then it's not so hard to bake 1-2 pieces of chicken and at the same time bake rice in a pan too - you can throw in some frozen vegetable. BTW if you buy packages of chicken drumsticks (pulkas) there is almost no prep necessary!

If you are into soups there's a company that makes organic soups in a box that you just have to heat up. It's called "imagine" - they are really good and filling (especially the butternut squash soup).

Reesa

Post Wed, Aug 16 2017, 9:54 pm
Fish sticks/ chicken nuggets with french fries.
Pita pizza
Tuna bagels
Cold cut sandwiches
Frozen pizza
Hamburgers/ hot dogs
Chicken legs
Omelette wraps
Pasta

These aren't necessarily healthy but in postpartum situations it's acceptable in my house!

tf

Post Thu, Aug 17 2017, 6:21 am
I have a crock pot and convection oven which I use consistently either or. Whichever I use, place chicken bottoms, starch, water and spices into it. I turn it on and let it go with a timer to turn it off. I have lettuce salad very often, which doesn't demand any preps really, and the supper is healthy and ready when I return from work.

cbg

Post Thu, Aug 17 2017, 11:48 pm
There are many freezer crockpot meals.
Freeze them in crockpot liners for easy clean-up.
There is some prep involved, but you can do this quickly on a Sunday evening if you have all the ingredient

Many ideas if you google search.

Then all you have to do is defrost the night before, and put it to cook in the am, on low.

mamaleh

Post Fri, Aug 18 2017, 2:01 am
Baked ziti
Lasagna
Blintz soufflé
Pizza ( if you buy the dough, it takes minutes to get into the oven)

I also make garlic 'butter' (pareve with marg) and keep it in the fridge. Buy a long baguette 🥖 or French bread 🥖 and garlic bread becomes a really quick side.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen