Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
How to get child evaluated for Asperger's in Israel

amother
Tan

Post Sat, Aug 19 2017, 12:29 pm
Who do I need to speak with? Is this covered by the kupa?

amother
Lime

Post Sat, Aug 19 2017, 12:40 pm
Asperger's is no longer a diagnosis; you would be looking for a diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder instead.

The way to do this is to ask your pediatrician for a hafnaya for hiptatchut hayeled. You'll have to fill out a questionnaire and then the developmental pediatrician will assess him. If ASD is suspected, the psychologist will meet with you and then you and the child together and then diagnose him.

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 9:47 am
amother wrote:
Asperger's is no longer a diagnosis; you would be looking for a diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder instead.

The way to do this is to ask your pediatrician for a hafnaya for hiptatchut hayeled. You'll have to fill out a questionnaire and then the developmental pediatrician will assess him. If ASD is suspected, the psychologist will meet with you and then you and the child together and then diagnose him.

The pediatrician told me that hitpatchut hayeled is only for children up to age 6. Is this correct? What are my options in this case?

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 4:26 pm
That is correct, but they can direct you where to go for an older child.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children