Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Double Wrapping for Microwave

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 8:37 am
I am in the hospital and I have food here that would need to be warmed up. The bikur cholim room has a Parve microwave and it says items need to be double wrapped . The container the food is in is microwave safe. Is a shopping bag safe to put in a microwave as a second wrapping. I also have a brown paper bag. Is that safe? Please advise. Thanks!!!

Shoshana37

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 8:58 am
I use a microwave at work and its used by everyone I double wrap everything. I use glass containers with lid and double wrap with regular shopping bags. I know I look like a weirdo in the office but at least I know I am eating kosher Smile

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 9:11 am
Shoshana37 wrote:
I use a microwave at work and its used by everyone I double wrap everything. I use glass containers with lid and double wrap with regular shopping bags. I know I look like a weirdo in the office but at least I know I am eating kosher Smile

So the shopping bag doesn't melt???

Shoshana37

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 9:13 am
no it gets hot but doesn't melt. definitely be careful when taking it out of microwave you can burn your fingers g-d forbid

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 9:19 am
Shoshana37 wrote:
no it gets hot but doesn't melt. definitely be careful when taking it out of microwave you can burn your fingers g-d forbid

Ok. Thanks so much!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics