Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Antifa Manual/Guide = Terrorist Organization?

amother
Black

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 9:19 am
There is an Antifa Manual/Guide going around explaining how to target white people, it looks almost like they are using the same techniques that Hitler used to target Jews. Could Antifa be successful in their goals to eliminate white people in the same way that Hilter was (almost) successful in eliminating Jews?

https://imgur.com/t/politics/BcZOg

There is also a petition to have the White House recognize Antifa as a terrorist organization. Do you think that Antifa is a terrorist organization/hate group based on their manual?

https://petitions.whitehouse.g.....ion-0

anon for this

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 9:23 am
If that manual is real, it would be appalling. So would The Protocols of the Elders of Zion.

Amarante

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 10:20 am
It's a fake of course. Written on a typewriter? With a photoshopped coffee stain on the cover Very Happy Very Happy

And since the white males comprise a significant percentage of "membership" - to the extent there is formal membership - logically it makes no sense.

It's being distributed by some kind of agent provocateur and intended to demonize the movement to the extent gullible people accept it.

Even during the height of the Black Panther organization, there was nothing like this that was part of their agenda.

Please a little seckel when evaluating things. Smile

Fox

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 11:35 am
Antifa doesn't qualify as a terrorist organization because they're not really an organization. They're an ad hoc amalgamation of smaller organizations with disparate aims and ideologies. Nor are they capable of launching widespread attacks in the manner of ISIS or Tablighi Jamaat-linked groups.

However, people identifying themselves as Antifa activists regularly destroy property and assault people, both of which are crimes, even in Chicago. Therefore, they should be free to scream "Cops and Klan Go Hand-in-Hand" until they punch someone or throw a rock through a window. At that point, they should be arrested and charged accordingly.

marina

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 12:23 pm
Lol, this was funny. It reads like someone from Breitbart decided to create a manual making fun of everything they hate about pple on the left.

Like if someone on the left would make one up for Tea Party Trump Supporters it would be like:

1. Defend Trump no matter how much he hates he spews forth about Jews/AAs/Disabled/Mexicans!

2. Hunt for Illegals in Your Neighborhood. They can be spotted by their shifty eyes.

etc etc

Fox

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 12:53 pm
marina wrote:
Lol, this was funny. It reads like someone from Breitbart decided to create a manual making fun of everything they hate about pple on the left.

Fortunately, they're too busy doing . . . oh, yeah . . . journalism. The kind of journalism where you actually go out and talk with people and ask questions . . .

marina

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 12:59 pm
Fox wrote:
Fortunately, they're too busy doing . . . oh, yeah . . . journalism. The kind of journalism where you actually go out and talk with people and ask questions . . .

Like I said in another thread, I'm no longer sure when you're kidding Smile

Fox

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 1:05 pm
marina wrote:
Like I said in another thread, I'm no longer sure when you're kidding Smile

Not kidding this time, though perhaps injecting a bit of snark.

Breitbart has now been exonerated of evil by both Harvard/MIT researchers and The Guardian.

Granted, it was kinda bad when Joel Pollak caused the stock market to plunge on Friday, but that was an accident. Not sure which al chait that'll fall under come Yom Kippur! Very Happy

marina

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 1:14 pm
Fox wrote:
Not kidding this time, though perhaps injecting a bit of snark.

Breitbart has now been exonerated of evil by both Harvard/MIT researchers and The Guardian.

Granted, it was kinda bad when Joel Pollak caused the stock market to plunge on Friday, but that was an accident. Not sure which al chait that'll fall under come Yom Kippur! Very Happy

I tried to find this Harvard research study but didn't come up with anything other than this https://cyber.harvard.edu/publ.....cloud

can you link it ?

Fox

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 1:50 pm
marina wrote:
I tried to find this Harvard research study but didn't come up with anything other than this https://cyber.harvard.edu/publ.....cloud

That's it -- see page 20-21 in particular.

Also see NYT Magazine article on Breitbart, including comments by Yochai Benkler.

Note that these are by no means fawning portrayals of Breitbart -- in fact, they offer significant critique. Nevertheless, they reach the conclusion that Breitbart does not peddle racism, misogyny, etc.

Also instructive are Joel Pollak's book, How Trump Won, and Raheem Kassam's book, No-Go Zones. Part of Pollak's thesis is that the media got the election wrong because they simply didn't go out into the "field" to do interviews. I mention Kassam's book only because it's an excellent example of journalism as wel as being incredibly educational, even for people who consider themselves relatively knowledgeable on the topic.

marina

Post Tue, Aug 22 2017, 2:16 pm
Quote:

Quote:
Note that these are by no means fawning portrayals of Breitbart -- in fact, they offer significant critique. Nevertheless, they reach the conclusion that Breitbart does not peddle racism, misogyny, etc.

So your description here changed a bit. First you describe Breitbart as journalists, presumably serious journalists. A few posts later you seem to take pride in Breitbart not peddling racism and misogyny?

I haven't been able to find these vindications in the two articles you cited- maybe you can, when you have a chance, just cite the exact phrasing. Thanks.

Jeanette

Post Tue, Aug 22 2017, 6:05 pm
Here's an example of how they do journalism at Breitbart.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/08/2......html

WhatFor

Post Tue, Aug 22 2017, 6:30 pm
When Bannon left the WH on Friday, Breitbart editors publicly proclaimed "war" against those in the WH who opposed Bannon. I don't think it even cares to be perceived as a legitimate news source.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics