Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Are all stockings disposable?!?!? Auggghhhh!

Frenchfry

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 9:54 am
What's the longest lasting brand?

crust

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 10:02 am
Following

Amarante

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 10:16 am
Yes to one degree or another.

In my personal experience, every brand is equally prone to run. The sheerness determines longevity as well as handling. I have put a run in an expensive stocking putting on because I was too hasty and poked a finger through.

The only stockings that ever lasted relatively long were opaque stockings but those aren't really fashionable and I only wore them in black. In any kind of flesh tone, they look like compression stockings.

L K

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 10:16 am
Berkshire opaque

WastingTime

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 2:53 pm
Cheaper ones definitely rip faster, but all of them rip... there is some tip to make them stronger by wetting and freezing them...been meaning to try it

crust

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 2:56 pm
WastingTime wrote:
Cheaper ones definitely rip faster, but all of them rip... there is some tip to make them stronger by wetting and freezing them...been meaning to try it

Every time before I wear them?

debsey

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 2:57 pm
Yes, pretty much.

Opaque obviously less so than sheer, but even my light compression 70 denier Berkshires run eventually!

I think when I decided that they're disposable, I had less aggravation.

My daughter claims the MeMoi sheer tights she wears on shabbos are more durable than other brands, but when I tried that brand, I felt like they ripped right away.

WastingTime

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 3:13 pm
crust wrote:
Every time before I wear them?

No you do it once and then wear and wash as usual. Google it

OutATowner

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 7:18 pm
That's why I get the Leggs multi packs in Wal-Mart. They last a few wears, sometimes up to 15+, but if they rip after 2 wears it doesn't bother me. Three control top in a box for 4 or 5 dollars. I once spent $15 on a good pair, only to snag it on velcto the first time I wore it an it ripped.

debsey

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 7:24 pm
OutATowner wrote:
That's why I get the Leggs multi packs in Wal-Mart. They last a few wears, sometimes up to 15+, but if they rip after 2 wears it doesn't bother me. Three control top in a box for 4 or 5 dollars. I once spent $15 on a good pair, only to snag it on velcto the first time I wore it an it ripped.

hmmmm..... might give this a try. Do they make any that are only semi-sheer?

OutATowner

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 7:30 pm
I don't know the difference Smile . The walmart by me is not that great, so when I see nude in any size I'm happy.
Just looked online, it says 3.47 for one pair, but I know I just bought a box of three for about 5.

Pickle1

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 7:47 pm
I wear Levante Sughero -bought 7 pairs for spring/summer season - I still have 5 left! (that don't have holes by toes or thighs) this is the only brand I've had the best experience with. buy size bigger than u need and put on VERY slowly

sunshine!

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 7:52 pm
https://www.walmart.com/ip/L-e.....color

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 8:06 pm
Mim2006 wrote:
I wear Levante Sughero -bought 7 pairs for spring/summer season - I still have 5 left! (that don't have holes by toes or thighs) this is the only brand I've had the best experience with. buy size bigger than u need and put on VERY slowly

I agree with this post. I've tried Levante once and they definitely lasted the longest. They lasted for months and neve ran. They were sheer. My problem was that they were too short ( I'm very tall and was trying to see if they'd fit me) so the crotch tore
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars