Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Menachem avel my mother overseas ?
Previous  1  2

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 6:32 pm
If mom and tou have siblings then she has support.
If you do end up going then you can get a funeral price. Tell the travel agent its due to a death in the family then sometimes there are special prices from the airline.
My dad and his brothers had that when my great grandfather died but that was from NY to FL

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Aug 22 2017, 2:51 am
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:
The point I was trying to make, was that even though I lived quite close to my mother, I still was not menachem Avel.

but u were at your grandmother's levaya; that is a lot. You didn't miss the whole thing completely - levaya, menachem avel, shiva...

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Aug 22 2017, 2:55 am
amother wrote:
I am still debating ,thank you all for your insight .

These type of quandaries are so difficult and painful to decide.
Black, I feel for you - first at the loss of your grandparent, and the debate that is surely raging in your mind.
May Hashem Guide you to the right decision, and give you and your family nechama.

amother
Black

Post Tue, Aug 22 2017, 12:21 pm
amother wrote:
These type of quandaries are so difficult and painful to decide.
Black, I feel for you - first at the loss of your grandparent, and the debate that is surely raging in your mind.
May Hashem Guide you to the right decision, and give you and your family nechama.

you really made me feel good ,knowing that you feel for me ,thanks
I will try to go lets see what happens ,it depends in a few things .

Ruchel

Post Tue, Aug 22 2017, 12:44 pm
That's so difficult. My mother dreads when she will be in that situation... My own grandfather is kah above 90. If you can bring nursling and go and it won't be too hardcore and it will be appreciated, do. In any case she might well miss the burial since it's in Israel.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette