Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
My view of the eclipse

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 11:25 pm
It was a treat to spend the day with my 17 year old son. Most of the time he is on to bigger and better things however being that school starts in two days, we had some errands to complete in preparation for the start of the school year. I could hardly believe that this tall good-looking bearded young man was the baby I had held in my arms. I know him to be a sensitive caring person with a marvelous sense of humor and the gift of knowing just what to say to make everyone feel right, but it took this special day of the eclipse, for me to see how truly wonderful my son really is. We had paid an outrageous amount for eclipse glasses, having waited until the last minute to procure them and we were both excited about viewing this momentous occasion together. We stopped at Staples and managed to fill a cart full of absolute must haves for school. As I waited for the register, my son dashed out to catch yet another glimpse of the ongoing eclipse. The line was long and when I finally exited the store, the sight that met my eyes was almost as beautiful as the eclipse. My son was surrounded by people of all ages, colors, nationalities, cultures, modes of dress, genders. He had gone out to get his own view of the eclipse, but instead I got to view him sharing and giving as he passed around his eclipse glasses, stopping cars and passersby, offering everyone the chance to view this rare occurrence. It was awe inspiring for me to watch each person, young and old, stop in their tracks, put the glasses to their eyes and exclaim at the wonder of what they saw up in the sky. And I with my eyes on my son was inspired by the beauty and generosity of spirit that I saw down on earth.

little neshamala

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 11:35 pm
Beautiful

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 11:49 pm
May you always always see only beautiful nachas from this son and all your children.

I loved what your wrote.

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Aug 22 2017, 2:45 am
amother wrote:
It was a treat to spend the day with my 17 year old son. Most of the time he is on to bigger and better things however being that school starts in two days, we had some errands to complete in preparation for the start of the school year. I could hardly believe that this tall good-looking bearded young man was the baby I had held in my arms. I know him to be a sensitive caring person with a marvelous sense of humor and the gift of knowing just what to say to make everyone feel right, but it took this special day of the eclipse, for me to see how truly wonderful my son really is. We had paid an outrageous amount for eclipse glasses, having waited until the last minute to procure them and we were both excited about viewing this momentous occasion together. We stopped at Staples and managed to fill a cart full of absolute must haves for school. As I waited for the register, my son dashed out to catch yet another glimpse of the ongoing eclipse. The line was long and when I finally exited the store, the sight that met my eyes was almost as beautiful as the eclipse. My son was surrounded by people of all ages, colors, nationalities, cultures, modes of dress, genders. He had gone out to get his own view of the eclipse, but instead I got to view him sharing and giving as he passed around his eclipse glasses, stopping cars and passersby, offering everyone the chance to view this rare occurrence. It was awe inspiring for me to watch each person, young and old, stop in their tracks, put the glasses to their
eyes and exclaim at the wonder of what they saw up in the sky. And I with my eyes on my
son was inspired by the beauty and generosity of spirit that I saw down on earth.

SO so beautiful, and also beautifully written.
Your post is so very touching; with a little polishing you can get it published, and thus touch other people's hearts.

A lot of nachas from your son.

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Aug 22 2017, 8:33 am
Thank you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club