Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
LA restaurants...

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 11:52 pm
Hi we're visiting LA and we've noticed that every restaurant has the same smell. My daughter finds it very bothersome and doesn't want to eat anywhere. Anyone know what the smell Is?!

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 11:54 pm
Can you describe the smell?

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 11:58 pm
Is she pregnant?

I have no idea what she's talking about. That's such an interesting thing to say.

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 11:59 pm
It's a strong unpleasant odour. Dh thinks it's from the aircon. I think it smells more like bleach. Not sure....

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Aug 22 2017, 12:04 am
amother wrote:
It's a strong unpleasant odour. Dh thinks it's from the aircon. I think it smells more like bleach. Not sure....

Many times restaurants have their ducts cleaned and have additional disinfectant applied to the ducts and the filters. It could be that the kosher restaurants are all using the same provider for the service and ergo the same smell.

tichellady

Post Tue, Aug 22 2017, 12:56 am
I have no idea what you are talking about and I have a very strong sense of smell
There are also many kosher restaurants in LA so it's possible I don't go to the ones that you are complaining about

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Aug 22 2017, 3:08 am
I have called LA home for over a decade including pregnancies where I was bothered by smells. And I have no idea what you are talking about. But one nice thing about LA is that many restaurants have outdoor eating spaces and it's nice enough almost year round to eat there! Fish Grill is amazing besides for having space to eat outside (I believe all 3 have outdoor areas. But there I smell nothing but yummy fish being grilled in front of you!)

But seriously no idea what you are talking about...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics