Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Roaches!!!!! HELP

Smilesnow

Post Wed, Aug 23 2017, 10:27 am
Ok need your great suggestions to get rid of the roaches.
We have a serious roach problem in our kitchen. (Brooklyn) exterminator had come numerous times, after he comes we see more drugged/dead roaches but then a week later we keep seeing more again. Could they be living in the walls?

Only using this problem on my kitchen and recently I've been keeping it super clean with nothing on the counters and I try to keep the sinks empty and clean. My cleaning lady cleaned out all the cabinets and I still can't seem to get rid of these roaches....

What is the best products to buy.? Must be things that aren't dangerous to have around children

zaq

Post Wed, Aug 23 2017, 11:37 am
I swear by Combat bait traps. They take a while to work but work they do.

WastingTime

Post Wed, Aug 23 2017, 11:49 am
In Israel they sell this gel- there's one for ants and one for cockroaches. The insect takes it back to the nest and it kills them all out. We had cockroaches for YRS until we put it right where they were coming from and never had one again! They must sell it in NY!?

devash1

Post Wed, Aug 23 2017, 1:17 pm
I also live in Israel and have had success with the roach gel. In America it is pretty cheap so might be worth a try if you haven't had success with an exterminator. I hope you solve the problem soon.

zaq

Post Wed, Aug 23 2017, 6:09 pm
WastingTime wrote:
In Israel they sell this gel- there's one for ants and one for cockroaches. The insect takes it back to the nest and it kills them all out. We had cockroaches for YRS until we put it right where they were coming from and never had one again! They must sell it in NY!?
. That sounds like Combat gel which is good for applying to narrow crevices like the space between the floor and the baseboards.

tweety1

Post Wed, Aug 23 2017, 6:18 pm
Plz call an exterminator and ask abt bombing the kitchen. I did it. It was a lot of work but worth every dime and minute. We had a serious infestation in the kitchen that the exterminator tried different approaches for first. Since then he comes monthly. On occasion I see a roach here and there but it's very very minor.

lucky14

Post Wed, Aug 23 2017, 6:54 pm
another vote for the gel!

little neshamala

Post Wed, Aug 23 2017, 9:17 pm
Op, are you in an apartment or house?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Aug 23 2017, 9:32 pm
I have the same problem in Israel. Is the gel expensive here? Also I don't know where they are coming out from. What can I do?

devash1

Post Wed, Aug 23 2017, 10:26 pm
The gel in Israel is a little over a hundred shekels. You do not have to know where they're coming from just put it in about 10 places . I found that in a few days I found a few dead ones and never saw any more live ones after that and it's been a few months since I did it

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Aug 23 2017, 10:38 pm
Combat roach bait strips.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics