Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Need to lose weight while breastfeeding!!

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Aug 25 2017, 7:52 am
Am I the only one in this situation? I would think not. I need to seriously lose a nice amount of pounds because it's getting to be a really unhealthy weight! No matter what diet I do and religiously stick to it, the weight does not budge! It's so frustrating! I'm still not ready to give up breastfeeding just yet.
Was anyone in this situation and tried something that worked? If this is hormonal, anyone ever have luck with taking supplements to regulate hormones?
I need ideas desperately!

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, Aug 25 2017, 8:08 am
Some people just don't lose weight while breastfeeding no matter what. I'm one of those. I just breasfeed till whenever I'm ready to stop and focus on just not gaining. It's frustrating to do everything right and not lose, BUT if you keep at it, at least whenever you do stop breastfeeding, you'll be in the habit of eating healthy and you'll start to see results right away rather than having to first take time to start new habits.

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Aug 25 2017, 8:23 am
Thanks for your words! I'm just curious if there's anything anyone has ever done that helped?

SuperWify

Post Fri, Aug 25 2017, 9:47 am
The fact that you lose weight while bf is total cr@p. For me @ least. The last ten pounds are too comfortable on my belly to move.
Sigh.

Op are you on hormonal bc? That can extrabate the problem.
Also, are you eating enough? 3 wholesome meals and 2 snacks and lots to drink? When you don't eat muchh your body gets nervous and therefore will cling to your fat to use as resivors.
Make sure your diet is one for NURSING women please.

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Aug 25 2017, 12:58 pm
SuperWify wrote:
The fact that you lose weight while bf is total cr@p. For me @ least. The last ten pounds are too comfortable on my belly to move.
Sigh.

Op are you on hormonal bc? That can extrabate the problem.
Also, are you eating enough? 3 wholesome meals and 2 snacks and lots to drink? When you don't eat muchh your body gets nervous and therefore will cling to your fat to use as resivors.
Make sure your diet is one for NURSING women please.

No I am not on hormonal bc since it's messed me up in the past. Yes I am doing a healthy diet.

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Aug 25 2017, 4:33 pm
I could have written this exact same post! My baby is 2 months old and I'm still the same weight I was when I left the hospital! I'm paying big bucks for a nutritionist, but the scale isnt budging. Also excersizing 3 times a week.

amother
Blush

Post Fri, Aug 25 2017, 5:45 pm
I am a dietician. FYI losing while nursing is very tricky bec if you don't eat enough your body will hold onto every calorie for your milk! If not losing and eating right, you are probably not eating enough. Hope this helps some of you. Good luck!

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 5:39 am
how about exercise? you have to figure out what kind of exercise you enjoy and what makes your body look good.
I don't weigh myself, but I know that exercise trims me down regardless of the number on the scale
hatzlacha
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise