Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Nuts! Protesting in front of home of Cellphone store owner?
1  2  3  Next

Mevater

Post Sat, Aug 26 2017, 10:15 pm

Do the protesters really think that the Chassidic youth who want smartphones, will not be able to find non Jewish stores to buy them?

I bet these protests are counterproductive and make the Chassidic youth want the smartphones even more! I bet some of the young kids demonstrating are secretly thinking they want a Smartphone as soon as they have some money.

I doubt young kids are getting holy inspiration from witnessing these protests.

What do you think?

These days anyone who wants to totally control everything new and modern in their neighborhood, should raise their kids in secluded forests and make sure the kids never leave alone until theyre married, and maybe never.

Last edited by Mevater on Sat, Aug 26 2017, 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

doctorima

Post Sat, Aug 26 2017, 11:12 pm
I'm getting a message that the link is broken, so I can't see what story you're commenting on. Can you check and post a working link?

Mevater

Post Sat, Aug 26 2017, 11:23 pm
doctorima wrote:
I'm getting a message that the link is broken, so I can't see what story you're commenting on. Can you check and post a working link?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33UggYyCtLc

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sat, Aug 26 2017, 11:30 pm
Shabbos kodesh indeed.

amother
Mauve

Post Sat, Aug 26 2017, 11:32 pm
embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed

amother
Gold

Post Sat, Aug 26 2017, 11:34 pm
You do realize that most of the people there are just there to make fun of the protesters.
There are probably about 30 or so protesters and the rest are there to watch the spectacle or counter protest.
I am a Chassidish Monsey resident. We made sure not to go as to not give them validation.
Yes. They are nuts. A pity YW is giving them the coverage they don't deserve.

MagentaYenta

Post Sat, Aug 26 2017, 11:57 pm
Hmmm, that's the strangest shabbos observance I've ever seen.

crust

Post Sat, Aug 26 2017, 11:58 pm
amother wrote:
You do realize that most of the people there are just there to make fun of the protesters.
There are probably about 30 or so protesters and the rest are there to watch the spectacle or counter protest.
I am a Chassidish Monsey resident. We made sure not to go as to not give them validation.

This.

Mevater

Post Sun, Aug 27 2017, 12:16 am
Perhaps its time to put these protest organizers who make Chilul Hashems, into Cherem, and not allow them into Shuls, etc.

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Aug 27 2017, 12:23 am
I don't know. I'm chassidish and there are too many regular chassidishe protesters there and it's getting me nervous. Also the fact that I didn't hear any leadership speak out against such protests.

I feel like this is how abnormal things become normal unfortunately.......

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Aug 27 2017, 12:25 am
amother wrote:

Actually looking at the photos online there seems to be far more than 30 protesters. But the fact of the matter is these folks should be informed that the US is not a theocracy and we value small businesses here in the US.

They certainly have a right to protest, just as I have a right to laugh at them.

Last edited by MagentaYenta on Sun, Aug 27 2017, 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Mevater

Post Sun, Aug 27 2017, 12:25 am
amother wrote:
I don't know. I'm chassidish and there are too many regular chassidishe protesters there and it's getting me nervous. Also the fact that I didn't hear any leadership speak out against such protests.

I feel like this is how abnormal things become normal unfortunately.......

What does your Rebbe say about protests like these and going to protests?

Mevater

Post Sun, Aug 27 2017, 12:28 am
MagentaYenta wrote:
Actually looking at the photos online there seems to be far more than 30 protesters. But the fact of the matter is these folks should be informed that the US is not a theocracy and we value small businesses here in the US.

They certainly have a right to protest, just as I have a right to laugh at them.

But our Rebbes and Rabbis should condemn them for acting like fools and making a Chilul Hashem. (These days anyone who wants to totally control everything new and modern in their neighborhood, should raise their kids in secluded forests and make sure the kids never leave alone until theyre married, and maybe never).

amother
White

Post Sun, Aug 27 2017, 12:35 am
What a Chillul Hashem! And on Shabbos?

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Aug 27 2017, 12:39 am
Mevater wrote:
But our Rebbes and Rabbis should condemn them for acting like fools and making a Chilul Hashem. (These days anyone who wants to totally control everything new and modern in their neighborhood, should raise their kids in secluded forests and make sure the kids never leave alone until theyre married, and maybe never).

Take it up with your Rebbes and please don't send them off to rural America. We really don't need crazies like them ruining it for us.

Mevater

Post Sun, Aug 27 2017, 12:43 am
MagentaYenta wrote:
Take it up with your Rebbes and please don't send them off to rural America. We really don't need crazies like them ruining it for us.
Rolling Laughter

crust

Post Sun, Aug 27 2017, 12:49 am
Do you see a person above 25 there?
I sure hope the rabbanim are off to bigger and better things than even discussing this protest.
My Rav definitely is.

Mevater

Post Sun, Aug 27 2017, 1:05 am
crust wrote:
Do you see a person above 25 there?
I sure hope the rabbanim are off to bigger and better things than even discussing this protest.
My Rav definitely is.

I suspect that the person who arranged this and similar protests is over 25 and davens in a Shul with a Rebbe who is aware of his Chusid arranging protests, and isnt saying boo.

ohmygosh

Post Sun, Aug 27 2017, 1:11 am
These people are obviously nuts and trying to create more and more cult like behavior in the chassidish communities.

ProudMommie

Post Sun, Aug 27 2017, 1:48 am
Maybe you are nuts?? What gives calling other Jews nuts??

I have a smart phone and will continue to have one as long as my work warrants it. However, it is not a simple issue with children in the house. There are filters, but nevertheless besides the obvious dangers that Internet poses there is just simple empty headed time wasting (even Imamother sometimes takes too much of my time! I am being truthful!)

I am commenting on this thread because I really can't stand it when people who are passionate about maintaining kedusha because we are supposed to be Am Kadosh no? get called "nuts", extremists, etc.. Don't you think that is a little g-ish?

I would not go to protest, no, because it is pointless and it is not my way, but people who DON"T react to egregious breaches in kedusha that exist everywhere are not any more nuts than people protesting. For sure, not!

There is general confusion in the air everywhere but calling other Jews nuts will not solve anything.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics