Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
Trespassing laws
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Aug 27 2017, 11:31 am
Arguing will often escalate a situation. Possibly someone was less than apologetic with the homeowner and this triggered the homeowner to escalate, as in pressing charges.

Never argue or try to defend your position when you are in the wrong.

Op, I'm guessing the way things turned out is a huge shock and surprise to you. And that's what you may be wanting support for ?

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Aug 27 2017, 11:31 am
What's your friend planning on telling the judge ?

nicole81

Post Sun, Aug 27 2017, 11:35 am
Your friend should retain an attorney.

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Aug 27 2017, 11:47 am
Chayalle wrote:
Lesson learned - right to remain silent. When you are asked questions by such neighbors, do not answer.

it sounds like by not answering the neighbors about what was going on that angered them to the extent that they called the police. This is still a strange story though.

crust

Post Sun, Aug 27 2017, 11:47 am
Squishy wrote:
Honestly, playing ball at 11:30 motzi Shabbos is incredibly disrespectful. My next neighbors allow young kids to play outside until 2:00 a.m.

If the playing happens weekly, your neighbor could have been fed up with the noise. Perhaps if you go over there contrite and promise that there will be no more outside play at night, they will drop the charges.

Whaaaat?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Aug 27 2017, 12:06 pm
amother wrote:
There has to be more to the story.

This story is to bizarre to accept at face value. Op also said the 19 year old was "famous" in her home town? Huh???

amother
Green

Post Sun, Aug 27 2017, 12:31 pm
amother wrote:
Is there someone here familiar with the practical application of the law that can clue us in here? Is a person normally get arrested for retrieving a ball from a neighboring property? Is there more to the story?

A neighbor doesn't usually call the police for this sort of thing - so that's what's not 'normal' here. But they did - their right. Im guessing police tried to persuade them to drop it.

I posted the law earlier.

Practical application - don't enter someone's gate without permission or consent to do so.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Aug 27 2017, 12:45 pm
amother wrote:
This story is to bizarre to accept at face value. Op also said the 19 year old was "fam Confused ous" in her home town? Huh???

Does anyone smell a cinnamon roll?

Post Sun, Aug 27 2017, 12:47 pm
crust wrote:
Whaaaat?

Yes on Motzi Shabbos and motzi yontiff.

crust

Post Sun, Aug 27 2017, 12:55 pm
Squishy wrote:
Yes on Motzi Shabbos and motzi yontiff.

Am I primitive? Not only are my kids never out after 10 nor are they out on a motzi altogether, I havent seen such a thing in my entire area all along. I take plenty midnight walks and pass 600 families or so.

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Aug 27 2017, 1:05 pm
amother wrote:
Khaki It's embarrassing to be arrested. She is very famous as well.

Naturally I'm curious as to who this 'famous' yet incredibly stupid 19 year old is.

oliveoil

Post Sun, Aug 27 2017, 1:28 pm
It definitely sounds like there's more to the story, but for those questioning the "famous" 19-year old, it sounds like English is either not the OP's first language, or she just has a very bad command of it. It's likely she just meant "well-known" or "from a well-respected family". Something like that.

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Aug 27 2017, 1:30 pm
Well if she releases any more details, she'll be famous for something else too.

Post Sun, Aug 27 2017, 1:33 pm
crust wrote:
Am I primitive? Not only are my kids never out after 10 nor are they out on a motzi altogether, I havent seen such a thing in my entire area all along. I take plenty midnight walks and pass 600 families or so.

Then we aren't neighbors. What is your point?

BTW, I think ten p.m. is too late for children to be out also.

Tziril Miriam

Post Sun, Aug 27 2017, 4:00 pm
She needs a lawyer to do all the talking for her. The lawyer will explain the situation to her, and tell her how to present herself in front of the judge (including look alert, don't stare at the accuser, keep your mouth shut unless asked a direct question, etc).

LittleDucky

Post Sun, Aug 27 2017, 4:15 pm
amother wrote:
Does anyone smell a cinnamon roll?

Don't get the reference... Care to explain?

water_bear88

Post Sun, Aug 27 2017, 4:17 pm
LittleDucky wrote:
Don't get the reference... Care to explain?

Hinting in rhyme, I think? I'm pretty sure that's still a rule-violation, though.

watergirl

Post Sun, Aug 27 2017, 4:22 pm
water_bear88 wrote:
Hinting in rhyme, I think? I'm pretty sure that's still a rule-violation, though.

She's trying to say "smell a troll". My 8 year old son might say something like that. But as herself. Not anon. Grow up.

LittleDucky

Post Sun, Aug 27 2017, 4:24 pm
water_bear88 wrote:

I couldn't find it in the rules but it should be...

watergirl

Post Sun, Aug 27 2017, 4:33 pm
LittleDucky wrote:
I couldn't find it in the rules but it should be...

It is. You arent allowed to call someone out as a troll. If you suspect a troll you need to report the post and say why.
Page 4 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics