Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Wedding halls in brooklyn

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Aug 29 2017, 10:35 pm
Can you recommend wedding halls in brooklyn that are not too expensive or have takana packages?
DD is engaged and will eyh be getting married in brooklyn, though we live oot. So I need a list of halls to call or check out when we manage to get to brooklyn for a day or 2.

TIA

Post Tue, Aug 29 2017, 10:47 pm
Mazel tov to you and your dd.. bshah tova!!
Ohr hachaim viznitz
Tiferes Rivka
Torah v'yira
Tiferes Mordechai

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Aug 29 2017, 11:51 pm
member wrote:
Mazel tov to you and your dd.. bshah tova!!
Ohr hachaim viznitz
Tiferes Rivka
Torah v'yira
Tiferes Mordechai

Thank yu. Can you tell me a little about them? location, price, size, parking, nice to work with....

kb

Post Wed, Aug 30 2017, 12:12 am
If you're looking for cheap, I think Lakewood halls are cheaper than Brooklyn.

Post Wed, Aug 30 2017, 12:57 am
amother wrote:
Thank yu. Can you tell me a little about them? location, price, size, parking, nice to work with....

Viznitz 1824 53rd st. I priced them 4 years ago, they were 57.50 a couple.
Tiferes Rivka 1257 38th st. The regular price is quite expensive. I don't remember what they told me for takana price but bear in mind I think by 1:30 you gotta be out of there and if not you end up paying an extra $4000.
Torah v'yira 54th st and ft Hamilton. was I think 60 a couple. Very nice service there.
Tiferes Mordechai 600 McDonald. They're slightly more than Torah v'yira.
I'm not sure what's halachachically permissible to say and what not... I only dealt with Torah v'yira but I do have my own opinion regarding the other ones.
Also bear in mind that prices could've changed since then.
You could pm me for more details.

Smile1234

Post Wed, Aug 30 2017, 1:24 am
I believe that only some nights in Tiferes Rivka and Tiferes Mordechai are takana nights.
They were both in the $70 per couple range when we priced it over 5 years ago.

Most halls in Bklyn if not all these days have the option for Valet parking. Of the 4 halls listed above in the thread I don't think any of them have their own parking lots and most are in neighborhoods where parking is hard to find.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Sep 06 2017, 9:13 pm
kb wrote:
If you're looking for cheap, I think Lakewood halls are cheaper than Brooklyn.

Thanks, but lakewood is not an option for us this time.

Any other places? Of the ones listed, I either can't reach or they are booked for when we need.

Someone mentioned Ocean Terrace to me? Anyone know anything about them?

chocolatecake

Post Wed, Sep 06 2017, 9:22 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks, but lakewood is not an option for us this time.

Any other places? Of the ones listed, I either can't reach or they are booked for when we need.

Someone mentioned Ocean Terrace to me? Anyone know anything about them?

Oceam terrace is very small more like for a bar mitzva or second marriage but if your planning a small wedding it may work. All the halls mentioned above are in boro park or flatbush. Williamsberg is also in brooklyn. Try vyoel moshe, rose castle and pardes faiga. I dont have contact info just google them and mazel tov.

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Sep 06 2017, 11:06 pm
Ateres Golda is not as expensive as the higher end halls but not as cheap as the othrrs mentioned. We looked onto those and payed more for this one. Its all ground leval that the grandparents liked. And excellent service. It cpuld be the same price as chynka

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Sep 07 2017, 12:17 am
amother wrote:
Ateres Golda is not as expensive as the higher end halls but not as cheap as the othrrs mentioned. We looked onto those and payed more for this one. Its all ground leval that the grandparents liked. And excellent service. It cpuld be the same price as chynka

How much does ateres golda charge for a couple?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Sep 07 2017, 9:37 pm
amother wrote:
How much does ateres golda charge for a couple?

$105 per couple, minimum 360 people. With extras that are not optional, the total was over $20,000. Plus tax. Another $1200 for outdoor chupa. (out of my price range.)

So far, of the halls ive been able to reach, Rose castle has the best price. Still trying to reach some places...

nicole81

Post Thu, Sep 07 2017, 10:18 pm
chocolatecake wrote:
Oceam terrace is very small more like for a bar mitzva or second marriage but if your planning a small wedding it may work. All the halls mentioned above are in boro park or flatbush. Williamsberg is also in brooklyn. Try vyoel moshe, rose castle and pardes faiga. I dont have contact info just google them and mazel tov.

My husband attended a bar mitzvah at Ocean Terrace that had over 300 people. It's not that small. The catering manager actually uses Sisu vsimchu for his smaller weddings and affairs. They're $25pp so totally worth calling up and seeing if they can accommodate you.

cnc

Post Thu, Sep 07 2017, 10:25 pm
nicole81 wrote:
My husband attended a bar mitzvah at Ocean Terrace that had over 300 people. It's not that small. The catering manager actually uses Sisu vsimchu for his smaller weddings and affairs. They're $25pp so totally worth calling up and seeing if they can accommodate you.

So you have the contact information for Ocean Terrace? Someone recently told me that they tried reaching them and the number was out of service.

nicole81

Post Thu, Sep 07 2017, 10:31 pm
cnc wrote:
So you have the contact information for Ocean Terrace? Someone recently told me that they tried reaching them and the number was out of service.

Try 718-758-9700. I hope they're still in business; I have an event booked there in December!

kb

Post Thu, Sep 07 2017, 10:35 pm
In Williamsburg, try:

Concord (718) 858-4277
Imperial (718) 243-2911

http://www.chossonandkallah.co.....earch

ETA I just read related topics that the Concord closed.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Sep 07 2017, 10:44 pm
nicole81 wrote:
Try 718-758-9700. I hope they're still in business; I have an event booked there in December!

Thank you. Yes they are still in business. The vort was a Sisu V'simchu and I spoke to the owner. He told me about ocean terrace, but I didnt have a number to reach him. He told me $22 person, minimum 300 people. Full takana pkg was around $10,000 total. Now I can call him tocheck dates.

nicole81

Post Thu, Sep 07 2017, 10:59 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you. Yes they are still in business. The vort was a Sisu V'simchu and I spoke to the owner. He told me about ocean terrace, but I didnt have a number to reach him. He told me $22 person, minimum 300 people. Full takana pkg was around $10,000 total. Now I can call him tocheck dates.

Great! For you and me Smile I have a lot less than 300 so our price was higher. I did my first wedding in his former hall. He's great to work with and does a nice job for a very reasonable price.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics