Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Kisses from Hashem - share yours!
1  2  3  4  5  Next

SuperWify

Post Thu, Aug 31 2017, 12:50 pm
Hi everyone. It's the month of Elul (ready or not) and most of us are to caught up in the mundane routine of our lives and our struggles and pain to really pay attention to the fact.

I want to start this thread to give us inspiration to look for the good in our crazy lives.

I'll start. I was away for the whole summer. Since coming back last week it's been nuts getting my house back together, sending my husband to yeshiva, looking for a job, opening a business, yom tov shopping....etc on top of an extremely colicky baby whose teething with a double ear infection. He's hasn't stopped screaming. I decided he needed more nutrition and therefore decided to start him on solids a month earlier then originally planned. Cleaning up the day before this desicion I found a bib I got when he was born as a present (which I had long forgotten about). On a whim I picked up baby spoons in target earlier that day and my sister offered me 2 cans of cereal right then and we were ready to start. I gave it to him right before bed and he ate - no gobbled- it up like an experienced eater! It was amazing as many experianced moms warned me it will take time to get him to learn to eat. But unbelievably most of what he swallowed went down and not out. He was much calmer afterwards and then he slept thru the night with no problems BH and Mommy was able to catch up on laundry.
I hope I'm not bragging but this little thing was a small kiss from Gd.

Share yours.

doctorima

Post Thu, Aug 31 2017, 12:59 pm
Beautiful thread (and story) - thanks so much for starting it and sharing!

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Aug 31 2017, 1:05 pm
Not sure if it counts as "kisses" but I'm a bit on the disorderly side and have a house full of chaos and 3 toddlers/small kids that do their best to make it worse. I often lose things, including important items. When I really can't find it and I'm desperate, I often ask Hashem to help me find it. As in, "Master of the world, you have created the whole universe and know where every single atom in it is. Please help me find my keys/glasses/credit card etc. " - it works, and often fast.

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Aug 31 2017, 1:07 pm
Such a nice idea! This thread!

This year the flowers on my porch are growing so beautifully. There was enough rain and no boiling sun (and maybe I learned how to take care of them better). They brighten my day so much!

marina

Post Thu, Aug 31 2017, 2:34 pm
the person in front of me at Starbucks paid for my order.
I closed my moon roof before it started to rain.
The stars are so pretty at night
Someone let my kids borrow their eclipse glasses
The store that sell pistachios decided to accept credit cards
The straight skirts fit my picky children
my tomato plant didn't die yet
the ice cream store has a sugar free flavor
I like this thread
Game of Thrones has one more season left
My dog usually pees only in one area of the house
My mother is going to help my daughter move
My friend fixed my porch light
Everyone likes my new podcast
I might work from home tomorrow.
My nailpolish changes colors
A friend gave me artwork for my office
The beach at night is phenomenal.

crust

Post Thu, Aug 31 2017, 2:56 pm
I was waiting for an important phone call from a hard to reach person this week.
I was coming home with the bus from Manhattan one evening totaly not remembering that I am waiting for a call.
The bus drops me off very far from my home and I still had to attend a wedding so I tried to find a taxi to pick me up as soon as I get off the bus, to no avail. I called every single taxi I know of. Nobody was available.

Here is where the kiss starts...

♡I suddenly remembered the number of a private taxi driver.

♡ She picked up the phone. (Those who use taxis know that this alone is sometimes a yeshua...)

♡ She was available. Miracle.

♡She took me home and was able to wait for me as long as I fresh up and get dressed to go to the wedding.

♡ Upon arriving to the hall I decided that I dont want to wait for another taxi to take me home so I decided to ask her if I can pay her while she waits for me. She agreed.

♡ The plan was that I will be there for ten minutes. In a mob, I miracoulasely found and gave mazel tov to the people I needed to in less than 2 minutes. Miracle.

♡Driver took me home. I walk in, the phone rings. The long awaited phone call.

Had I been at the wedding for another ten seconds I would've missed it. Had Hashem not given me this thought to make her wait for me I would also miss this phone call.
Thank you Hashem!

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Aug 31 2017, 3:02 pm
Everything is a kiss! Gam zu letova!

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Aug 31 2017, 3:40 pm
Hashem kisses me all the time, I feel smothered.😉

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Aug 31 2017, 3:58 pm
Started my shopping today. The first store that I walked in had exactly what I was looking for, something nice for yom tov and for a wedding. since hub has a good parnassah bh I was able to pay for it easily.

Second store I went in was for school supplies, to my luck and shock it was pretty empty too. Having to buy for several girls that made it a breeze to shop.

Oh, and my kids behaved while shopping.
This is only what happened today that doesn't happen every day. But the "kiss" list is endless what Hashem sends my way every day.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Aug 31 2017, 4:21 pm
marina wrote:
the person in front of me at Starbucks paid for my order.
I closed my moon roof before it started to rain.
The stars are so pretty at night
Someone let my kids borrow their eclipse glasses
The store that sell pistachios decided to accept credit cards
The straight skirts fit my picky children
my tomato plant didn't die yet
the ice cream store has a sugar free flavor
I like this thread
Game of Thrones has one more season left
My dog usually pees only in one area of the house
My mother is going to help my daughter move
My friend fixed my porch light
Everyone likes my new podcast
I might work from home tomorrow.
My nailpolish changes colors
A friend gave me artwork for my office
The beach at night is phenomenal.

Podcast? Which one?

smilealot

Post Thu, Aug 31 2017, 4:33 pm
Thanx for this amazing thread.

Hashem sent me a kiss this minute.
I wasn't in a very good frame of mind.
I saw this thread and realised that it was just what I needed.
I wrote 20 gratitudes to hashem.
For some reason it didn't go through and it deleted.
I'm seeing that fact as a kiss from hashem.

I gained what I needed to by writing them and they can now stay within me to help me.

One more thing that is a huge lot of kisses is that I've made such amazing supportive unjudgemental friends on this phenomenal website.

Thanx again OP.

chaj

Post Thu, Aug 31 2017, 5:02 pm
Beautiful thread! Thank you and keep it going!!

green street lights when I'm in a rush
caring neighbours
a cleaning lady coming in on Wednesdays and the house is still clean on Fridays

and what is most obviuos now that I'm trying to keep chatzot - Hashem is helping me soooo much, giving me koach and a peace of mind I haven't had in ages

marina

Post Thu, Aug 31 2017, 5:27 pm
amother wrote:
Podcast? Which one?

Class Act: Updates in Education Law.

Enjoy!

chag334

Post Thu, Aug 31 2017, 6:21 pm
I needed this!! Bringing In help (cleaning and babysitting, however minimal) this year. I'm home full time with 3 yr old twin boys BH and this year I told dH I can't do it again without some help to develop some normalcy in our home and days. The kiss is that dH agreed and supports it. Smile I feel like a diva getting out by myself! Smile)) oh what we get used to...

SuperWify

Post Thu, Aug 31 2017, 7:31 pm
Wow keep them coming!

My sister took the baby and my DH ended up coming home late so I could cook for shabbos with peace!

amother
Dandelion

Post Thu, Aug 31 2017, 8:10 pm
I adjusted well to my new meds.
I managed a whole week of no playgroup thanks to a wonderful babysitter I found who is available all day.
The grocery delivery came today as soon as I was ready for it.
My son loves the ukelele I bought him today.
And he learned to cross the street on his own and buy something in the store himself.
The kids got dressed nicely this morning and we left the house early as planned.
Wow I love this thread.
I never believed Hashem would love me enough to want to kiss me but maybe I can discover something new every day.

Last edited by amother on Tue, Jan 04 2022, 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Aug 31 2017, 8:18 pm
My son who is 6 1/2 started yeshiva for the first time today...it was so special being that he was in a special ed preschool since age 3. Seeing a regular size bus picking him up instead of the small special ed buses that he was on all these years was veey emotional. Definately a huge kiss from Hashem. Mah Ashiv LaHashem!!!!!!

silly

Post Thu, Aug 31 2017, 8:23 pm
BH everything is a kiss..
Found beautiful shoes without waiting long and found a shell and skirt to a top very quock without running to a million stores

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Aug 31 2017, 8:33 pm
My baby went to sleep right away, no fussing
My bigger boy didn't take a nap, so went to bed on time. (And we had a nice time playing together while he skipped his nap.)
Nice weather and I got to walk outside
My baby wasn't fussy today even though he didn't nap much
I got work done and finished cooking for shabbos
I finally got around to exchanging my dress for the right size

frosting

Post Thu, Aug 31 2017, 8:47 pm
I have a friend that keeps a hashagacha pratis notebook to remind her of all the goodness (and kisses!!!) Hashem gives her.
When she isn't down, she opens it and reads it and feels rejuvenated to march on!
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational