Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Help with Babka dough that is way too thick

cozyblanket

Post Thu, Aug 31 2017, 10:17 pm
Hello, friends!

I cook a lot and I bake challah, but I don't make cookies and cakes much. I decided to make babka for yuntif. I did something wrong because the dough should be similar to challah dough, right? Well, it is very thick, a bit more than hamentashen dough. I can't use it for babka obviously! I don't want to make hard sugar cookies or anything like that.

What can I do with it to still turn it into some kind of yummy yuntif dessert? I will keep the dough and make something with it on Friday. I am shopping at about 930am, so I can buy some ingredients if I get ideas in time. Ideas??

I just thought of this: Would it make a good pie crust? Should I buy pie filling and use this as a crust? Would it work? How do I do that? Roll it out and press into a pan? And put on top too? How to bake?

Or, totally different ideas?

TIA!!

mumofthree

Post Thu, Aug 31 2017, 10:43 pm
It might still work. I made diff kind of cinnamon rolls with all kinds of dough. Some thicker, some sticker.... before using it for pie crust, try baking a small babka to test.

tichellady

Post Thu, Aug 31 2017, 10:44 pm
I would just toss. Not worth wasting more ingredients to use it.
I don't think it will work for pie since it is a yeasted dough
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen