Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Dr Kranzler or Dr Hizami
1  2  Next

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Sep 03 2017, 9:16 pm
Looking for feedback about either Dr Kranzler (in Teaneck) or Dr Hizami (near Monsey) for ADHD and possibly other things.

TIA

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Sep 03 2017, 10:34 pm
I don't know who Kranzler is but I know Hizami on a personal level but I do hear from other people he comes highly recommended.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Sep 03 2017, 11:40 pm
We use Dr Kranzler for two of our kids - we are happy with him.

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Sep 04 2017, 10:13 am
bumping up for more responses. . .

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Sep 04 2017, 10:52 am
Kranzler is very good for a definite ADHD. He told me he is not for mood disorders.

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Sep 04 2017, 11:35 am
I'm very pleased with Dr. Hizami, though my child does not have ADD/ADHD so no experience there. He has been really good at diagnosing and adjusting medication as needed. My child is doing really well, and he's also really nice.

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Sep 04 2017, 11:41 am
amother wrote:
Kranzler is very good for a definite ADHD. He told me he is not for mood disorders.

Bummer. My child is pretty definite adhd plus probably mood disorder (depression? Something else?) I was hoping to use Kranzler because I got these two names and Hizami has very mixed reviews on other threads here...

Anyone have any other suggestions for who to see for?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Sep 04 2017, 11:46 am
amother wrote:
Bummer. My child is pretty definite adhd plus probably mood disorder (depression? Something else?) I was hoping to use Kranzler because I got these two names and Hizami has very mixed reviews on other threads here...

Anyone have any other suggestions for who to see for?

I had the same issue. And I could have him for free through our school district. At wits end

But he wouldnt treat my child. Too much for him. Sad

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Sep 04 2017, 11:48 am
amother wrote:
I had the same issue. And I could have him for free through our school district. At wits end

But he wouldnt treat my child. Too much for him. Sad

So who you end up with?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Sep 04 2017, 11:53 am
amother wrote:
So who you end up with?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=.....PXw0A

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Sep 04 2017, 12:00 pm
can I tell you what your experience was with her? Who recommended her to you? Thanks!

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Sep 04 2017, 12:06 pm
I use dr sabina hack in the city. My child has adhd and a mood disorder. Shes amazing! She took an extremely messed up kid( we came from hizami) and figured him out. I find that hizami is great for run of the mill adhd. Anything more complex is too much for him. A great thing about her is she doesnt push medications unless she feels that it is needed. My son was having bad reactions to medications but yet keeping him off was not an option, he was off the wall

Unfortunately she doesnt take insurance

Rebesq

Post Mon, Sep 04 2017, 7:23 pm
I never really post but thought I'd give some input. BC we've had such a long difficult road Roth one of our kids. Live in greater monsey/northern NJ area. We used Dr Kranzler for many years and at a certain point realized he just didn't have the time or expertise we needed to devote to our difficult child. We had used him fir a straight ADD child and it was fine. But this next one is really difficult.

Looked in Dr Hizami and heard very mixed things.

We ended up using dr Lisa kotler at the NYU child study center in Hackensack. She has been amazing. Can't compare the experience. She checks in with us and is part of a large staff at the center so easy to reach. I couldn't recommend her more fully.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Sep 04 2017, 7:37 pm
amother wrote:
can I tell you what your experience was with her? Who recommended her to you? Thanks!

Was recommended by my psychologist Irit Felsen.
My experience? Oh well!! Shes extremely caring and devoted. Yes she takes her 500 bucks for a visit but responds to every single text email and phone call and checks in frequantly. Her belief is that it does not have to take forever to get a messed up child on track.

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Sep 04 2017, 8:07 pm
Rebesq wrote:
I never really post but thought I'd give some input. BC we've had such a long difficult road Roth one of our kids. Live in greater monsey/northern NJ area. We used Dr Kranzler for many years and at a certain point realized he just didn't have the time or expertise we needed to devote to our difficult child. We had used him fir a straight ADD child and it was fine. But this next one is really difficult.

Looked in Dr Hizami and heard very mixed things.

We ended up using dr Lisa kotler at the NYU child study center in Hackensack. She has been amazing. Can't compare the experience. She checks in with us and is part of a large staff at the center so easy to reach. I couldn't recommend her more fully.

I heard of Dr Kotler but when I spoke to relief (who I know is not necessarily the final word) they said she specializes in eating disorders and I should preferably go to someone who deals more with behavioral and learning issues (thats what I originally called about). The neuropsych we took him to for an educational eval said he has adhd and possibly depression and he recommended Hizami and Kranzler...

Based on people's experience here I don't think Hizami or Kranzler are necessarily a good fit... amother above did you use Dr Kotler for someone with issues similar to what I'm describing?

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Sep 04 2017, 8:11 pm
amother wrote:
Was recommended by my psychologist Irit Felsen.
My experience? Oh well!! Shes extremely caring and devoted. Yes she takes her 500 bucks for a visit but responds to every single text email and phone call and checks in frequantly. Her belief is that it does not have to take forever to get a messed up child on track.

Aside from being caring and accessible... is she knowledgeable?

And amother magenta, does Dr hack (also recommended to me by relief) sound like a good fit for what I'm describing?

Thank you!

Rebesq

Post Mon, Sep 04 2017, 8:32 pm
We use Dr Kotler for add/mood disorder/a little depression. She is excellent and the place is full of kids lIke this that she sees. I wonder if Relief's info is outdated?

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Sep 04 2017, 8:54 pm
Rebesq wrote:
We use Dr Kotler for add/mood disorder/a little depression. She is excellent and the place is full of kids lIke this that she sees. I wonder if Relief's info is outdated?

I'm wondering now too because the one of the two people I know who use Dr Kotler uses her for similar to what you're describing (the other one does use her for an eating disorder).

Now that you're mentioning the place being "full of kids" and I happen to know a couple that go to her. . . am I likely to run into them in the waiting room?

Thanks so much!

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Sep 04 2017, 8:56 pm
I used Dr. Hizami for myself (ADHD). He came highly recommended by my therapist. He is very chilled and easy and I like that about him. I went to him for first evaluation to make sure that I have the right diagnosis and I stayed until my meds were adjusted. After I felt comfortable enough I switched to a Dr. that takes my insurance.

good luck
ps there is one more piece of info I can share with you but dont want to share here. you can pm me

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Sep 04 2017, 9:11 pm
amother wrote:
Aside from being caring and accessible... is she knowledgeable?

And amother magenta, does Dr hack (also recommended to me by relief) sound like a good fit for what I'm describing?

Thank you!

Very knowledgable!!
Everyone thought my child might have bipolar. I went to her because I heard from many that shes expert in adolescent bipolar. I loved that she refused to give my child that diagnosis but rather kept the options open. Turns out my child does not have a typical 'books' mood disorder. She was also extremely cautious with medicating a child with antidepresants which can cause them to become suddenly suicidal. Her creativity with meds is also astonishing! She put my child on track in a matter of weeks.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics