Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Dr Kranzler or Dr Hizami
Previous  1  2

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Sep 04 2017, 6:33 pm
amother wrote:
I used Dr. Hizami for myself (ADHD). He came highly recommended by my therapist. He is very chilled and easy and I like that about him. I went to him for first evaluation to make sure that I have the right diagnosis and I stayed until my meds were adjusted. After I felt comfortable enough I switched to a Dr. that takes my insurance.

good luck
ps there is one more piece of info I can share with you but dont want to share here. you can pm me

I can't pm you as amother Sad

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Sep 04 2017, 7:01 pm
amother wrote:
Aside from being caring and accessible... is she knowledgeable?

And amother magenta, does Dr hack (also recommended to me by relief) sound like a good fit for what I'm describing?

Thank you!

That is exactly what shes great at. I take 2 kids 2 her. 1 with adhd and depression and 1 with adhd and aspergers/mood disorder. She bh has been amazing. Dont know where we would be withought her

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Sep 04 2017, 7:06 pm
amother wrote:
That is exactly what shes great at. I take 2 kids 2 her. 1 with adhd and depression and 1 with adhd and aspergers/mood disorder. She bh has been amazing. Dont know where we would be withought her

May I ask how much she takes?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Sep 04 2017, 7:17 pm
If you are intrested in a great child psychiatrist on insurance you might want to try Dr. Odetella in Ezras Cholim Health Center in KJ. Shes super!
She zoomed in to issues in a wink! Sharp. Nice. Understanding.
I believe she wont accept new patients for very long.

The downside is that you have to have a physical at the center first.
I recommend Dr. Polinger or Dr. Dina d!ck for the physical. Dr. Barnfeld is quicker to get into but hes not thorough.
845-782-3242 #3 for peds #6 for behavior health.

(She is a highly proffessional Arab just to prepare you)

polka dots

Post Mon, Sep 04 2017, 7:22 pm
Hi. You can pm me , I posted under username

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Sep 04 2017, 7:40 pm
amother wrote:
May I ask how much she takes?

I dont know what she takes for the first appointment anymore. I started with her about 6 yrs ago. She was 850 for the first appointment( about 2-3hr evaluation) than 200 per appointment

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Sep 04 2017, 7:44 pm
amother wrote:
I dont know what she takes for the first appointment anymore. I started with her about 6 yrs ago. She was 850 for the first appointment( about 2-3hr evaluation) than 200 per appointment

shock
Wow!!!
Thanks

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Sep 04 2017, 8:01 pm
amother wrote:
shock
Wow!!!
Thanks

Its alot, and I take 2 kids 2 her!! But I wouldnt switch for anything. Especially for children who have a hard time explaini g how their feeling its a must to have someone who really knows what their talking about

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Sep 04 2017, 8:08 pm
amother wrote:
Its alot, and I take 2 kids 2 her!! But I wouldnt switch for anything. Especially for children who have a hard time explaini g how their feeling its a must to have someone who really knows what their talking about

Sure! Understand you completely. Truth is I just did the math... once youre up to third visit she's cheaper than my child's Dr.

850 First visit
200 Second
200 Third =
1250 total.

My Dr.
500 First visit
500 Second
500 Third=
1500 total.

Even if she charges more for the initial consult nowadays, at fourth visit you're already off to much less!!

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Sep 05 2017, 6:13 am
Rebesq wrote:
We use Dr Kotler for add/mood disorder/a little depression. She is excellent and the place is full of kids lIke this that she sees. I wonder if Relief's info is outdated?

I was just talking to my therapist about Relief. I don't want to bash an organization that does so much good, but my own experience with them was not positive, in that their advice mislead me rather than helped me.

My therapist said that in addition, they tend to put therapists and doctors into a box. For example, if they sent a few people to someone with eating disorders, they go and say that person is good with eating disorders. In fact, the doctor may have a host of different diagnoses he/she is good at, and they don't realize that and branch out. She herself finds they refer a certain type of case to her alot, as she does alot of that...but she sees people for a ton of different reasons, not just the area they have boxed her into.

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Sep 05 2017, 8:51 am
amother wrote:
I was just talking to my therapist about Relief. I don't want to bash an organization that does so much good, but my own experience with them was not positive, in that their advice mislead me rather than helped me.

My therapist said that in addition, they tend to put therapists and doctors into a box. For example, if they sent a few people to someone with eating disorders, they go and say that person is good with eating disorders. In fact, the doctor may have a host of different diagnoses he/she is good at, and they don't realize that and branch out. She herself finds they refer a certain type of case to her alot, as she does alot of that...but she sees people for a ton of different reasons, not just the area they have boxed her into.

I definitely hear that and agree that their information is useful, but not necessarily the "be all and end all." I usually use them as a starting point.

I am going to start another post with the names I want more information about (Hack, Kotler, Salama) in the subject line. . .

Thank you all so much for helping me with this, I really feel closer to and more confident with my decision (probably will to to Kotler, just want to hear a little more feedback). . .
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics