Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What do you read/notice first?

dovebird

Post Tue, Sep 05 2017, 1:52 am
When reading different topics on ima do you first look at the username or first read the response...? Do you ever skip over answers based who wrote it? I was just noticing how I just look at a username if the answer spiked my curiosity LOL

gs675

Post Tue, Sep 05 2017, 6:04 am
I check out the emotional health and mental health posts first. Because those interest me the most.

zaq

Post Tue, Sep 05 2017, 6:12 am
I almost never bother with username and pay attention only if the post particularly impresses me, positively or negatively. That being said, there are posters whose posts I will skip if I notice the sn before reading.

imasinger

Post Tue, Sep 05 2017, 6:35 am
I looked at this thread because I wanted to see what Zaq had to say. Smile

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Sep 05 2017, 8:09 am
imasinger wrote:

I often do the same. Not just with zaq. With imasinger too.😀

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Sep 05 2017, 8:11 am
zaq wrote:
I almost never bother with username and pay attention only if the post particularly impresses me, positively or negatively. That being said, there are posters whose posts I will skip if I notice the sn before reading.

Can you teach me now to do that? I know certain posters will get me mad, but I still read their posts. Its like I cant stop myself.

tf

Post Tue, Sep 05 2017, 8:24 am
imasinger wrote:

I ALWAYS read what imasinger writes on the topics of my interest. I don't (hardly ever) click on topics that don't interest me. LOL

crust

Post Tue, Sep 05 2017, 8:33 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
Can you teach me now to do that? I know certain posters will get me mad, but I still read their posts. Its like I cant stop myself.

Same here

tf

Post Tue, Sep 05 2017, 8:43 am
I only click on topics of my interest, then start reading. If I find I have what to add, I add. When a post becomes irritating, even only a bit, I skip. Learn to stop reading mid sentence.

zaq

Post Tue, Sep 05 2017, 9:20 am
imasinger wrote:
Rolling Laughter

zaq

Post Tue, Sep 05 2017, 9:28 am
mommy3b2c wrote:

Ah, the "train wreck" effect. You know you shouldn't look, it won't be pretty, but you can't help it.

you can make it a point to look at usernames before reading each post and skip the ones you wish to avoid, or, if you really want zero to do with any poster, you can put posters on your "ignore" list: go to your profile, scroll way down and click on "ignore list" . name names, save the list, and their posts won't show. You can then click to show individual posts if the spirit moves you. You can also change the list at any time.

Blocked posts will show if quoted by another poster.

zaq

Post Tue, Sep 05 2017, 9:30 am
Also you can block forums that don't interest you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics