Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Anyone Interested in being my online "support"??

underthestars

Post Wed, Sep 06 2017, 8:12 am
I am not on a "diet", but I would like to change my eating habits and get healthier and lose weight. I am looking for someone who, online, may be interested in being my "partner". I am just looking for some support so that every day or so, I touch base to say, "good day today, I exercised or I didn't eat_____"...I think if I know I will be having to "admit" or be in touch with someone else, I am more likely to stay stronger. And, of course, I am happy to do this for that person as well.

Please let me know if you are interested. I am not limiting this to just one person, but would love if anyone out there would like to take this time to begin a new chapter in their life and work to making it a healthier one (with added benefits of possibly losing weight--at least for me).

israeli83

Post Sun, Oct 01 2017, 6:01 pm
Are you still looking for online support? I'd love that as well. I'm also not on any diet program, but I'm going to start right after Succot... I can't resist the food on the holiday, although I don't go crazy with eating. So after the holiday, I definitely want to go back on track and eat healthier. I actually plan on losing 10 lbs in 2 months, if that will be possible if I stick to my plan.... no sweets, breads... just real simple foods like fruits and lots of salads (I eat some nuts) and legumes.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Oct 01 2017, 6:29 pm
underthestars wrote:
I am not on a "diet", but I would like to change my eating habits and get healthier and lose weight. I am looking for someone who, online, may be interested in being my "partner". I am just looking for some support so that every day or so, I touch base to say, "good day today, I exercised or I didn't eat_____"...I think if I know I will be having to "admit" or be in touch with someone else, I am more likely to stay stronger. And, of course, I am happy to do this for that person as well.

Please let me know if you are interested. I am not limiting this to just one person, but would love if anyone out there would like to take this time to begin a new chapter in their life and work to making it a healthier one (with added benefits of possibly losing weight--at least for me).

This is a great idea. Have you considered joining OA? The sponsors role is often one of a person you can be accountable to. These days, my son and I are teaming up. It was such a joy to see how well he did with his weigh in today. I’ve been doing it on my own but I do think twice now that I have to discuss the weeks results with him!

underthestars

Post Mon, Oct 02 2017, 4:29 am
I have not found anyone at this time to "work together". I have been trying to do this on my own but I would love to have someone to "partner" with. At this time, I don't really want to join any program...I am just trying to get myself healthier and lose weight. (but the emphasis is health, and the added bonus is losing weight - which actually go together).

israeli83

Post Mon, Oct 02 2017, 9:15 am
underthestars wrote:
I have not found anyone at this time to "work together". I have been trying to do this on my own but I would love to have someone to "partner" with. At this time, I don't really want to join any program...I am just trying to get myself healthier and lose weight. (but the emphasis is health, and the added bonus is losing weight - which actually go together).

That's what I'm aiming for. Going back to eating healthy, not joining any programs.
Do you use whatsapp, or maybe some sort of chatting way we could share how we're doing each day etc

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Oct 02 2017, 9:22 am
I hope you don't mind me pointing out that the reason why nutritionists, dietitians, weight loss centers, Are sometimes successful is because of the face to face meeting that always involves standing on a scale and having to answer to someone in person. There really aren't any secrets (most of the time) as to what it takes to lose weight. We all know what foods to avoid. Its the knowledge that we will have to meet someone in another few days that motivates us.

underthestars

Post Mon, Oct 02 2017, 9:33 am
I have been to nutritionists, weight loss, etc over the years. I am just looking for someone to be a buddy with--very informal--it may work, it may not. Since I have posted this last month, I myself have been trying to change. Weight loss is important, but to me, eating healthier is just as important if not more so. I know what I should be eating, and what I shouldn't--I think we all do. BUT, I am not looking for someone to scold me if I don't accomplish--this is a change in my life, and it will take a long time. So, I am doing this as I go along and see if it can help, and maybe help someone else along the way.

I am limited in communicating, as I don't have a smart phone, internet at home, etc. If you want to do this online, it can only be when I am at work. I do have texting, and can text or phone call someone (sorry, but I don't have more options available to me)--again, I am just looking for buddy (or plural) to know I will have to be in touch with on a regular basis to "own up" this way or that, as to my eating habits. I am open to other suggestions, but I was just looking for support while trying to change a lifetime habit (of eating yummy unhealthy foods Smile )

lattemom

Post Mon, Oct 02 2017, 10:02 am
I actually really enjoy eating healthy and would love to help in any way I can. If you want you can PM me and maybe we can set sunbathing up after Succos.

lattemom

Post Mon, Oct 02 2017, 10:19 am
That was supposed to say something...not sunbathing Smile

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Oct 02 2017, 10:24 am
israeli83 wrote:
That's what I'm aiming for. Going back to eating healthy, not joining any programs.
Do you use whatsapp, or maybe some sort of chatting way we could share how we're doing each day etc

I know what you guys mean. I pm'ed this already but I'll post it here

This person, she is smart.
My theory is that if we all ate like her, we'd all be skinny.

underthestars

Post Mon, Oct 02 2017, 10:40 am
Lettemom,

I actually like the idea of sunbathing after sukkos, but it will be a bit chilly where I live Very Happy Very Happy

I am happy to have anyone who wants to join in, join in. As I said before, I am a bit limited by not having whatsapp or internet at home, but like I mentioned, I have cell and texting and I can email when I am at work.

I look forward to starting this whenever you all want. I have begun already....I take a salad for lunch every day to work & for snack I have been taking 2 fruits (1 in morning and 1 in afternoon), and that has already been good for me. I am not getting on the scale because I want to make this more about health than weight...

I look forward to continuing this after sukkos!! LOL

momofone613

Post Mon, Oct 02 2017, 11:21 am
You can PM me Smile I did exactly this 2 years ago (I made a similar post on imamother as well Wink ) and lost 50lb (B4 getting pregnant again Wink ) I can help you with meal ideas, and how to get started, etc. Or just listen.
PM me and I'd be glad to help/be there if u need!

underthestars

Post Mon, Oct 02 2017, 12:00 pm
You all have me really excited to know there are others out there that want to participate/help out. Thank you!!

I will, IYH, try to touch base with everyone after sukkos. It will be a perfect time to begin...holidays are hard, even if we are trying to be our best!! Remember though, this is not a weight loss idea as much as it is a improve healthy eating idea. (yes, I do need to lose a lot of weight, but I am hopeful that if I can change to healthy eating habits, weight will follow)

So, my first encouraging thought to those of us that want to participate....try to have a salad (or more veges than usual) at all your seudahs. I like to think that if I am eating more veges and salad (not bogged down with dressing), that it helps my body be a bit healthier.

(and I will be the first to say....I goofed up today....I ate some cookies I had at my desk, which I normally don't, but for some reason I did have last week in my office, and they were just saying...eat me embarrassed )

underthestars

Post Mon, Oct 16 2017, 12:26 pm
Well, I am here and ready to post if anyone is interested. Yesterday I began my "new me". Sukkos was great, but boy, did we eat. I could use to not eat for the next year and I would still be ok.

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Oct 19 2017, 9:19 pm
hi,

this is a geat thread: im in Wink

today is my day nr. 3!

good luck to you, may you make the right choices be4 and on shabbes: make sure to have enough low callorie food (veggys, salads etc) to snack n while cooking amd to fill up with during the seudas.

hatzlocho!!!

underthestars

Post Fri, Oct 20 2017, 5:11 am
WELCOME!!!

Thanks- you as well. We have a couple of people who are also in, and we are either PM'ing or texting if you would like to do that as well. I am trying to figure out how to do some kind of "group chat" or something so we can all be included at the same time, but I am not such a computer techie so it is taking me more time to figure this out.

Gut shabbos and b'hatzlocha with staying away from sweets this shabbos!!

underthestars

Post Fri, Oct 20 2017, 10:06 am
Everyone who may be interested in being in this support group---since some of us (probably only me!!) doesn't have whatsapp to do a group chat, one of the participants is trying to figure out a way to do a "group text" or something online (which I can participate in on workdays)

Anyone who is interested in joining the group, you can either PM me or israeli83. Those that have already PM'd me and gave me their text number, you do not need to do this again. For now, I am still happy to text each of you individually or PM you, but everyone has something to add so it would be great if we can all benefit at the same time. I am sorry I am not a computer techie with this stuff--I love the idea and am really excited about the response I got.

Wishing everyone a Gut Shabbos and a Chodesh Tov. Make it a happy but healthy one!! We are finishing week 1, and hopefully it was better than how we all ate over sukkos!! (I know, B"H, it was for me!!)

Thank you all for your support in this. It makes it so much easier and nicer!

amother
Papaya

Post Sat, Oct 21 2017, 5:54 pm
Why can't you continue posting on here? Starting to focus on healthy eating as well and would love to hear what works for others...

Laughing Bag!

Post Wed, Oct 25 2017, 11:57 am
Hey I just came across this thread I'd love to join in! A couple of years ago I did something similar we had a WhatsApp group and we held each other's accountable, eating healthy and exercise... I lost and maintained about 25lb but then pesach came and it completely slipped, then I got pregnant and I'm back to stem 1!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise