Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Lakewood High Schools
1  2  Next

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Sep 06 2017, 12:26 pm
How can I find out who the baalei batim (financial supporters) are in Bais Kaila, Oros and Shiras Devora?

Chayalle

Post Thu, Sep 07 2017, 2:11 pm
For what purpose?

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, Sep 08 2017, 7:50 am
I'm sorry. I misunderstood the person who asked me. He probably meant me to find out who owns those schools. We are still trying to get our daughter into HS and this man wanted to help us.

amother
White

Post Fri, Sep 08 2017, 8:00 am
My cousins all went through this gehenim.
Hugs love and kisses.

amother
Aubergine

Post Fri, Sep 08 2017, 9:16 am
I dont know the owners of those particular schools. But what I do know, after trying for months, is that the high school situation is INSANE. This is for a kid that did not grow up in Lakewood, so they may not feel the achrayus to place her. But even kids from Lakewood who want to go to a certain school have very little choices if they are not perfect kids.

amother
Aubergine

Post Fri, Sep 08 2017, 9:18 am
Does anyone know of a Bais Yaakov high schol in Deal? I heard that some Lakewood girls are very happy there.

amother
Oak

Post Fri, Sep 08 2017, 9:20 am
Bet Yaakov of the jersey shore

Chayalle

Post Fri, Sep 08 2017, 9:21 am
Bais Kaila - owned by Rabbi Shenkelowsky and Rabbi Meyer
Oros - Rabbi Birnbaum
Shiras Devorah - Rabbi Sanders

The Bais Yaakov of the Jersey Shore is a high school in Deal that is very warm and friendly. I've heard that they have girls who come from Lakewood, and teachers as well.

amother
Aubergine

Post Fri, Sep 08 2017, 9:51 am
Thanks for the info

amother
Aubergine

Post Fri, Sep 08 2017, 10:03 am
Is Bais Yaakov of the Jersey Shore a Sephardi school?

amother
White

Post Fri, Sep 08 2017, 2:19 pm
amother wrote:
Is Bais Yaakov of the Jersey Shore a Sephardi school?

My cousin is Persian (almost like saying she is Romanian or Galician in Ashkenazi community). And BYJS is Predominantly Syrian (equivalent to Hungarian). Don't forget my cousin is a sfardi! And she felt comfortable but she said she is no way marrying a Syrian!
My point is that it is a sfardi school with sfardi pride but an Ashkenazi girl is also ok there.

amother
Bronze

Post Fri, Sep 08 2017, 2:35 pm
Quote:
Oros - Rabbi Birnbaum
Bais Kaila was founded by R Yisroel Schenkolewski and Rabbi Shmuel Mayer. I know that one of Rabbi S's son's has taken over his position (DH had to try to be in touch with him for someone) though I don't know which son it is, but I can try to ask him a bit later if you need that info.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Sep 08 2017, 2:51 pm
amother wrote:
Quote:
Oros - Rabbi Birnbaum
Bais Kaila was founded by R Yisroel Schenkolewski and Rabbi Shmuel Mayer. I know that one of Rabbi S's son's has taken over his position (DH had to try to be in touch with him for someone) though I don't know which son it is, but I can try to ask him a bit later if you need that info.

Both Rabbi Meyer and Rabbi Shenkelowski have sons that are now involved in the school.

amother
Blonde

Post Sat, Sep 09 2017, 10:55 pm
Thanks for all the responses.

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 12:31 am
Are the girls high schools owned? (So they aren't non-for-profits and can't be IRS registered charities?)

Cmon be nice

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 1:19 am
Chayalle wrote:
Both Rabbi Meyer and Rabbi Shenkelowski have sons that are now involved in the school.

Both fathers are involved as well

Cmon be nice

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 1:21 am
amother wrote:
Are the girls high schools owned? (So they aren't non-for-profits and can't be IRS registered charities?)

What are you trying to get at?

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 1:23 am
Cmon be nice wrote:
What are you trying to get at?

Nothing. Surprised. They don't fundraise?

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 1:27 am
IIANM, non-profit is required to have a registered board of directors or trustees. When someone opens a school, if they are smart, they choose people close to them as board members. (Otherwise, the board can eventually fire them and choose someone new to run the school.)

So, a school can be a non-profit, but effectively, it's being run by certain people. You can sometimes get access to a board member to act on your behalf.

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 1:33 am
amother wrote:
IIANM, non-profit is required to have a registered board of directors or trustees. When someone opens a school, if they are smart, they choose people close to them as board members. (Otherwise, the board can eventually fire them and choose someone new to run the school.)

So, a school can be a non-profit, but effectively, it's being run by certain people. You can sometimes get access to a board member to act on your behalf.

All true - but they aren't 'owned' by anyone.

But maybe 'owned' as used in this thread meant something else.

Schools get started by a Rav who will assemble a board of his peers. He gets paid a salary, and he runs the school with the support of the board.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children