Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Binah/Dina Friedman Self Esteem Book?

newmommy1

Post Wed, Sep 06 2017, 9:33 am
I don't get the Binah Magazine on a regular basis but was reading it this past Shabbos. I read Dina Friedman's column and the mother that was featured mentioned 'The Self Esteem Book'. Anyone know what she was referring to? Is this something that can only be purchased from Dina Friedman, something you can create together? Really interested so any direction would be most appreciated.

Thanks

seeker

Post Wed, Sep 06 2017, 2:44 pm
It's something an earlier column advised about and I'm also wishing I remembered to save that one. Maybe someone here can post details. It had something to do with sitting down at bedtime and writing down... stuff. I forgot. Something good she did? Things like that.

rainbow dash

Post Wed, Sep 06 2017, 3:23 pm
Its not a book just a notebook that you buy and write stuff in it.

newmommy1

Post Wed, Sep 06 2017, 7:36 pm
Rainbow Dash, do you remember what type of things you're supposed to write in this notebook?

climbing613

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 4:43 pm
If you still want this, just saw this post. If I remember correctly, it looks like this... or at least, this is how we’ve followed it...
1. Hakaras hatov-thank you Hashem or Mommy or Morah etc for... today
2. Chesed-a Chesed they did for someone-a way in which they helped, made a positive difference for someone that day etc
3. Misgaber-way in which they overcame their yetzer hora that day-where they were strong...
4. Lamaditi-something new they learned that day
5. Hashgocha pratis incident from that day
Doing it with one of my children and he’s really getting a lot out of it. He’s young so doesn’t get all the concepts, but understanding more as we go along...

cbsp

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 5:59 pm
climbing613 wrote:
If you still want this, just saw this post. If I remember correctly, it looks like this... or at least, this is how we’ve followed it...
1. Hakaras hatov-thank you Hashem or Mommy or Morah etc for... today
2. Chesed-a Chesed they did for someone-a way in which they helped, made a positive difference for someone that day etc
3. Misgaber-way in which they overcame their yetzer hora that day-where they were strong...
4. Lamaditi-something new they learned that day
5. Hashgocha pratis incident from that day
Doing it with one of my children and he’s really getting a lot out of it. He’s young so doesn’t get all the concepts, but understanding more as we go along...

Thank you for posting this!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics