Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
What happens in Lakewood w 1st grade girls with no school?

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Sep 07 2017, 9:14 am
Do they still have kids out of school for weeks or months, like years ago?

What do people from good families, w a bright girl, in that situation, do to move things along?

Chayalle

Post Thu, Sep 07 2017, 9:53 am
Is your question a hypothetical one or a practical one? Do you have a child who is sitting home from school, or are you inquiring if this is happening?

I know someone who applied to several schools and her child didn't get in. When school started she accepted a slot in a school that had not been on her choices list. This was for Primary.

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Sep 07 2017, 9:55 am
Chayalle wrote:
Is your question a hypothetical one or a practical one?

Practical, unfortunately.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Sep 07 2017, 9:57 am
What does the Vaad say? Are they working for you?

In another situation, I know someone whose son finally got into a school because they kept calling a certain Vaad member, till he got them in to get them off his back!

Find out who the askanim are who can move things along and make noise.

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Sep 07 2017, 10:31 am
amother wrote:
Do they still have kids out of school for weeks or months, like years ago?

What do people from good families, w a bright girl, in that situation, do to move things along?

Because I used to be in this "cult" I am particularly sensitive to your question and the phrase "good families"....

This is NOT what Judaism is about and has NOTHING to do with the Torah. It is disgusting!

I live in a place where such attitudes are very pervasive and stronger than where you live, believe me. The people where you live probably went to where I live to take lessons.

We got this kind of treatment too when we believed there were "good families" and "not good families. Whatever goes around comes around.

only Hshem determines good families NOT people, not for sure menahelim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jewish people are ALL good. People are all growing ... but they are ALL tzadikim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sooooooo pained by these horrific Nazi attitudes.

Every Jewish child deserves to be in school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't have space then BUILD more schools!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't let erev Rav divide the Jewish people!!!

If you are a real Jew you must not just accept this stinking anti-Torah hashkafa and promote it in any way!

What are you if you don't love your brothers and sisters???

Think about it!!!

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Sep 07 2017, 12:36 pm
amother wrote:
Every Jewish child deserves to be in school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP here.

Youre right!

You all realize that a huge donation or parents with well known names get their kids into almost any school.

"Good family" only means no major issues and doesnt go very far in Lakewood.

What do you think would noticeably change things in Lakewood? Lets not dream, lets do!

amother
Green

Post Thu, Sep 07 2017, 12:50 pm
Afaik the vaad places every child before school starts. I have not heard of children with reasonable parents (flexible even if school not top choice) who contacted the vaad who had a kid out of school. Am I misinformed?

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Sep 07 2017, 1:30 pm

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Sep 07 2017, 1:34 pm
Dear Op,

I responded in this way to you because this is something that really hurts me. I happen to live somewhere, not in the US where this is par for the course and acceptable hashkafa.

I have no idea OP what to do except to get out of it in any sensible way I can. When Mashiach comes I'YH soon, these people who exclude will really regret it.

I will not mention my personal decision online, but BH we have found a way for now to not be a part of it... .. It is not perfect and as everywhere there are issues... but hateful attitudes such as these are not conducive to my children learning Torah with love and simcha. We have instilled values such as v'achvta reacha k'amocha in our children and want them to be where these values are meaningful and apply to ALL jews.

I had to make a drastic move in my life OUT of that box after many years in RW yeshiva world, albeit as baaley teshuva.

We have only grown from this terrible nisayon but the way out is to think OUT of the box.

Sorry, I doubt that it will help your situation in Lkwood. I know nothing about it and would not live there personally ever.

The Beis Hamikdosh was destroyed even though everyone learned Torah and kept all the halachos...

I am sick and tired of being quiet about this and crying in my pillow about not having the proper name (I told one lady in a very respectable yeshiva in Brooklyn my name and her response was "Oh... hmm I never heard of it!"

I don't want a yiddishkeit like this and although I understand "the reasons" and the excuses" for all this exclusivity but the TOTAL lack of achavas yisroel is completely inexcusable and I will NOT smile about it.

You know what HKBH thinks we are good family and I am more than sure HE also thinks that way about you.

This nisayon happens to good emesdik people... I have seen it over and over again...

Daven to Hshem to give you clarity and talk to truthful people who do things l'shem shamaim not for politics or for personal gain...

We live in very difficult times... Hashem should send you a yeshua b'korov!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics