Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
A long-awaited miracle baby
Previous  1  2

MyUsername

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 12:45 am
Emunah, Tikva, Neshama

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 4:56 am
OP here. I was focused more on girls' names because there are already so many boys' names. Feel free to suggest more though! I'm trying to talk DH into using Shmuel for a boy, and I also really like Yehuda.

For girls, of what's been suggested here, I really like Temima, Tehilla, Avigayil, and Yehudis, but our kehilla tends to stick more toward Tanachi/traditional names, so not sure about the first two. Names like Eliana and Hodaya are similarly going to be too modern for my husband to consider, though I love the meaning. I wish I could like the name Ahuva, but it has some bad connotations because of someone I know with the name. I'm thinking about Liba though.

Thanks for the suggestions, keep them coming!

Iymnok

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 5:00 am
Temima is not so common, but I believe that Tehilla is pretty accepted.

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 5:33 am
Odelya

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 5:34 am
amother wrote:
OP here. I was focused more on girls' names because there are already so many boys' names. Feel free to suggest more though! I'm trying to talk DH into using Shmuel for a boy, and I also really like Yehuda.

For girls, of what's been suggested here, I really like Temima, Tehilla, Avigayil, and Yehudis, but our kehilla tends to stick more toward Tanachi/traditional names, so not sure about the first two. Names like Eliana and Hodaya are similarly going to be too modern for my husband to consider, though I love the meaning. I wish I could like the name Ahuva, but it has some bad connotations because of someone I know with the name. I'm thinking about Liba though.

Thanks for the suggestions, keep them coming!

Do you mind sharing other boys names that you like?

octopus

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 5:43 am
Iymnok wrote:
Temima is not so common, but I believe that Tehilla is pretty accepted.

When ppl are nicknamed temi, is that for temima?

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 12:01 pm
Boys names:

Chananya
Chananel
Elchanan
Elazar
Eliezer
Azriel
Yonatan
Natan
Netanel
Yehoshua
Yeshayahu
Elisha
Shmaya
Boruch

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Sep 17 2017, 1:33 pm
amother wrote:
Do you mind sharing other boys names that you like?

Names that really really really have a strong meaning. Shealtiel and Elishama are my two favorites right now, but they are so uncommon and really scream the message I want to convey. Shmuel and Yehuda, that I mentioned before, are a little more subtle, but the same sort of thing. I also really like Yoel, Simcha, and Naftali, all of which have a good meaning as well, but we can't use any of them because of people who already have those names.

Also, I'd prefer names that aren't pronounced two different ways.I know I mentioned Yonatan in my original post, but that would become Yonasan in our kehilla but probably Yonatan at school and I don't want to do that.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Sep 17 2017, 2:27 pm
octopus wrote:
When ppl are nicknamed temi, is that for temima?

The Temmi I knew was Tema.
I know a few Temimas who go by Temima. It's a beautiful name. I'd assume that it varies by location.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names