Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Brooklyn - Bnos Yisroel vs BYA

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Sep 07 2017, 1:17 pm
My oldest daughter just started nursery and I have to start thinking about Kindergarden. I am considering Bnos Yisroel and BYA. I have some pull in both schools. I am from oot. I would say I am oot yeshivish, and definitely not into brand names. DH is in Klai Kodesh. We hope to move out of Brooklyn within the next few years. Are there kollel/Klai Kodesh family in BYA or not really? I am hearing from a lot of people that a lot of those types families who used to send to BYA switched to Bnos Yisroel. I live Ave N and the teens. Is there Bnos Yisroel busing in my neighborhood. How would you compare/contrast the crowds in both schools? Also how do the buildings and class sizes compare? I am used to big spacious buildings and small classes.....

doctorima

Post Thu, Sep 07 2017, 2:35 pm
Bnos Yisroel probably has a more yeshivish crowd, though BYA still has a number of Chaim Berlin (and other) kollel families. I wouldn't call Bnos Yisroel's building big and spacious though. In most years it's also harder to get into, and I've heard that they're harder to work with in terms of tuition discounts, if that's a concern for you.

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 12:07 pm
Looking into these schools too. Though not for next year, the year after. But am still trying to do research so any comments much appreciated.

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 8:56 pm
Neither one is big or spacious and both have large classes of approx 30 kids.

Bnos Yisroel is slightly more yeshivish and simple as compared to BYA.

Considering that you live walking distance to both, you may not get bussing. If that's a major concern call the schools and give them your address and ask if you would get bussing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics